Great RL Photos

9 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Andy Gregory getting involved with Kurt Sorensen ...

I've just been looking back at my own photos, lots of good ones but this is one of my favourites, shows the elation and the heartbreak and the sportsmanship all in one.

greg sorensen.jpg

I wanted to post a photo of Rob Burrow going feral against Epalahame Lauaki, but there wasn't a decent one easily findable. Another photo of a little 'un taking on a big 'un.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Colly said:

image.thumb.png.10c2da3930175203129726f50b77e798.png

10 years old screaming my head off, the great Frankie. Note Vinty over Franks shoulder also Wally Hurstfield left and Jim Measures right. The Robins fans will have to help me with their player.

SorryS Mirror no copyright infringement intended

I believe that is the Hull KR No.11 Eric Palmer, a pacy second row forward. From what I've seen of the final (I'm a Hull fan but my schoolmate's dad is Flash Flanagan so passing interest) was outstanding, made a try saving tackle early in the second half and almost stopped Alan Briers (sp?) from scoring Widnes's first after his left centre and winger missed the tackle, was everywhere repulsing the Widnes team.

Kevin Naiqama, just finishing his part of one of the most preposterous try assists ever. James Tedesco (out of shot) caught the ball and touched down.

2504-KevinNaiqama-a-600.jpg90158351a297000f9ba23f7da2c72e45?width=1

• Like 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

What's the story on this one please? LOL.

I think it was a Dewsbury v Saints cup game game when it all kicked off, A saints player (Warlow?) was getting belted so the landlady from his digs ran on and gave the Dewsbury lads a handbagging. Something like that, although I'm sure a Saints fan of a certain vintage will have more

info.https://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/11136840.saints-fans-poem-was-her-parting-message/

Edited by Rioman
extra wording
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rioman said:

I think it was a Wigan v Saints cup game game when it all kicked off, A saints player (Mantle?) was getting belted so the landlady from his digs ran on and gave the Wigan lads a handbagging. Something like that, although I'm sure a Saints fan of a certain vintage will have more info.

You can say that again!

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

4 minutes ago, Rioman said:

I think it was a Wigan v Saints cup game game when it all kicked off, A saints player (Mantle?) was getting belted so the landlady from his digs ran on and gave the Wigan lads a handbagging. Something like that, although I'm sure a Saints fan of a certain vintage will have more info.

O you did :O

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah