Great RL Photos

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

State of Orifice?

38C4B8C3-1E6B-445B-B9DA-1A49A9162B20.png

After game 1 New South Wales were certainly staring into the abyss 

Edited by Dunbar
  • Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 21/12/2018 at 22:03, Bullseye said:

e8798d508dedf67de1e90f765d122d8e436cfe8c.jpg

Please tell me who's playing here, when and who the players are? 

On 22/12/2018 at 11:27, Dunbar said:

England Students 1994... I fully accept that it is only me on here that cares about this one!

IMG-20181222-WA0000.jpg

Which one is you? and where's Neil Tunnicliffe gone? 

On 27/12/2018 at 22:37, Cherry and White said:

p-78-12.jpg

Peter didn't get that tan in Hull. 

• Like 1

On 28/12/2018 at 10:37, Oxford said:

image.png.39dff3df1b5b83d75207fe6d09b55162.png

if anyone's wondering how to develop the game, this is it. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Which one is you? and where's Neil Tunnicliffe gone? 

Second from the right, middle row.

This was actually circa 1989/90 when I played our one season at Staffordshire Polytechnic (now Uni).

I played again for England a few years later when I was University of Central Lancs.

I don't know about Neil Tunnicliffe... to be honest, if you hadn't reminded me I wouldn't have remembered his name.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

34 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Peter didn't get that tan in Hull. 

He wasn't short of teammates overhere either with Ella, Kenny, Grothe, Hunt, Taylor, Muggleton ,Liddiard, all playing here, think I've missed some but Price and Linder came later I believe ?

1 hour ago, Steam Pig said:

Bradford Northern vs Leeds at Headingley.

Eric Batten, I remember my dad telling me, was the winger jumping over the tackle. I think he was right.......

What year was it? 

• Haha 1

Irish,

Eric Batten played for Northern from 1943 until 1951 including playing in all three Cup Finals. 1947,48 and 49.He actually played over 200 games for the Northern .In those years Bradford had a stranglehold over Leeds winning almost at will against them. 

3 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Mark Laurie ?

Yep, thought there was someone else, exellent player too.

I know the alignment of season's has scuppered short-term contracts but what would be the chances of a NRL club releasing 7 or 8 players to miss pre season training and play abroad instead in these so called enlightened times?

2 hours ago, fairfolly said:

Irish,

Eric Batten played for Northern from 1943 until 1951 including playing in all three Cup Finals. 1947,48 and 49.He actually played over 200 games for the Northern .In those years Bradford had a stranglehold over Leeds winning almost at will against them. 

He then took over at Featherstone as Player Coach and they were right down the bottom of the League, but he took them to Wembley in 1952 where they lost to a top Workington team 18 - 10. But it was a major achievement to get them to the Final. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

New one for the thread

0012f72d-500.jpg

Not enough miserable-looking Kangaroos in that shot. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson