WELCOME TO WORKINGTON TOWN DANNY TICKLE!

WTRLFC WEBSITE

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, oldrake9 said:

I didn't even mention Ollie??? It was you who mentioned Caine and Gordon in comparison to Brett.... Fool if you think Brett couldn't do a job

I didn’t say he couldn’t do a job, I said he was a risk. Stop making a mountain out of a mole hill. Would I have him over Gordon, cain or Karl? Not a chance 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

50 minutes ago, Old standoff said:

Good player for us but form fell away towards the end, for me although he was a good player I always wanted more fired up aggression for his size. Suppose  his brother might have inherited more than his fair share though.

Brett Phillips is a very good player who lost motivation, is very well thought of as a player so let's not kid ourselves hes 7/8 outa 10 every week so personally I'd have him back in a shot. 

He'll get used as a take it up the middle Packman which is a waste at Haven, because they have no size and it's Charlton's style

He would fit perfectly into Leon Pryce's style as a wide running 2nd rower. 

As a contractor now being a battering ram is not a good idea, he needs to think about this in my opinion. 

32 minutes ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Brett Phillips is a very good player who lost motivation, is very well thought of as a player so let's not kid ourselves hes 7/8 outa 10 every week so personally I'd have him back in a shot. 

He'll get used as a take it up the middle Packman which is a waste at Haven, because they have no size and it's Charlton's style

He would fit perfectly into Leon Pryce's style as a wide running 2nd rower. 

As a contractor now being a battering ram is not a good idea, he needs to think about this in my opinion. 

Lots of players are contractors for example karl olstrum &  Jamie Doran , Brett works in an office as a contractor so maybe not as bad, the big thing about whether Brett will be an asset is whether or not he gets the intrest in back in Rl, if he does lets not fool ourselves to think he wouldnt be a star in any team.

No doubt Big Brett was a star player . I remember him smashing James Fisher Harris when Scotland played New Zealand. He had a few really good years but no doubt he tailed off a bit that last year whether it be motivation or wear n tear , although we were struggling as a team more . Can’t knock the guy for what he did for us , but it’s never easy to leave and step back in and find the same levels you once had . If he returns good luck to him , but I’d prefer to concentrate on us and what we have . It’s pretty irrelevant from our perspective and I’m happy with what we have . All you can go on is right now , and the guys we have like Gordon and hopefully if it’s Barnes add , will do us fine , I’ll take them 

12 hours ago, Flimby Blue said:

So are we saying that Brett has signed up for Haven or is this just another rumour! ?

Does it matter? I’m bored with what they’re doing down the road and wether or not they’re lurching to yet another financial disaster.

It’s time to concentrate on, and support, Town.

Archived