London Broncos/Ealing new stand

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/11/2018 at 5:22 PM, Man of Kent said:

"They’ve just started laying the groundworks for a new stand this week. That’ll be at the far end of the pitch and should take the capacity to five or six thousand." https://www.rugbypass.com/news/this-is-a-massive-call-that-will-dictate-what-happens-for-the-next-25-years-in-english-rugby/

Anyone seen any evidence for this?

I misread that as a stand of 5 or 6 thousand! Was gonna say, that's a big stand!

Still, 3,000 is fairly significant also, effectively doubling the capacity. Scope to expand even further also.

I think the Broncos should look to take one game a season to a bigger ground, even if just a Griffin Park, and market the hell out of it.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I misread that as a stand of 5 or 6 thousand! Was gonna say, that's a big stand!

Still, 3,000 is fairly significant also, effectively doubling the capacity. Scope to expand even further also.

I think the Broncos should look to take one game a season to a bigger ground, even if just a Griffin Park, and market the hell out of it.

‘Hey come to this game! We won’t be playing here again anytime soon but if you enjoy it come along to our much smaller venue and have a completely different experience...’

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

2 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

‘Hey come to this game! We won’t be playing here again anytime soon but if you enjoy it come along to our much smaller venue and have a completely different experience...’

I think that's exactly how Saracens market their Wembley games. That's why They only get around 80k there.

Man of Kent likes to count empty seats - what's the count there? Isn't that top of the second tier? There are barely 100 people there.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just because Saracens do it, you know, in a bigger sport with more national interest and bigger and better marketing department than anything ever seen in Rugby League, it does not mean it will work in Rugby League for London Broncos. 

Arsenal season tickets cost in excess of £1,000. Shall we copy that too? They get 45-50,000 season ticket holders a season. 

58 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

With a new stand we don’t need to.

We should market the hell out  of the matches as Trailfinders now.

We should also ensure that we can stay there for a long period  so that we can reap the rewards of long-term marketing work. 

48 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

Yeah, I was just about to say, before the Broncos think about 'marketing the hell' out of a game at some other stadium, they need to 'market the hell' out of growing crowds at Ealing

What would be considered a decent crowd this year? From where they've been in the past couple of seasons, anything above 2000 would have to be considered a modest success, with maybe 3-4K for big games against Leeds or Wigan?

58 minutes ago, Manx RL said:

As you say, games. 

Well no. The point is the same. They take a game per year to a big ground, which according to your logic would be a bad idea as when they then go back to their smaller ground for regular games the event is much smaller.

1 hour ago, westlondonfan said:

With a new stand we don’t need to.

We should also ensure that we can stay there for a long period  so that we can reap the rewards of long-term marketing work. 

Is there a long term future for the Broncos at Trailfinders? I thought local residents were against too much development at the stadium?

rldfsignature.jpg

9 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Is there a long term future for the Broncos at Trailfinders? I thought local residents were against too much development at the stadium?

If we have a capacity there of 6k+  then why not?

We are extremely unlikely to be getting an average attendance of 15,000 to 20,000 in ten years wherever we are. 

On 12/11/2018 at 5:22 PM, Man of Kent said:

"They’ve just started laying the groundworks for a new stand this week. That’ll be at the far end of the pitch and should take the capacity to five or six thousand." https://www.rugbypass.com/news/this-is-a-massive-call-that-will-dictate-what-happens-for-the-next-25-years-in-english-rugby/

Anyone seen any evidence for this?

I bet that vague quote of “five or six thousand” is playing havoc with your seat counting OCD. You’re never going to be sure how accurate attendances at Ealing are.

rldfsignature.jpg

11 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

If we have a capacity there of 6k+  then why not?

We are extremely unlikely to be getting an average attendance of 15,000 to 20,000 in ten years wherever we are. 

Yup. The starter for London is to grow to be a club who sells out the 6k available spaces every week. Then they can start discussions about bigger grounds to move to, or proper expansion of this ground.

Having a 6k sellout every week in London would be massive progress on what we have seen over the last couple of decades.

28 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Well no. The point is the same. They take a game per year to a big ground, which according to your logic would be a bad idea as when they then go back to their smaller ground for regular games the event is much smaller.

And record a huge financial loss. But by your logic that’s a great idea.

Just now, Manx RL said:

And record a huge financial loss. But by your logic that’s a great idea.

You didn't mention financial loss, nor did I. Nor did I say it was a good idea.

Be confident enough in the point you are making to stick to it, or admit it was guff.

Your issue was about the difference in event experience, nowt to do with money. You dont need to move the goalposts.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

You didn't mention financial loss, nor did I. Nor did I say it was a good idea.

Be confident enough in the point you are making to stick to it, or admit it was guff.

Your issue was about the difference in event experience, nowt to do with money. You dont need to move the goalposts.

No goalposts moved. But comparing saracens playing a local derby doesn’t compare with  the Broncos who don’t have that derby to leverage.

Archived