Boxing Day

EQUALIZER

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its a shared gate.

if you don't like it,don't go.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

49 minutes ago, il cattivo said:

its a shared gate.

if you don't like it,don't go.

But that is just the problem - many might not who would have been tempted at £15. That sounds like lose-lose to me.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

43 minutes ago, EQUALIZER said:

Shared gate hope we have turnstile monitors on this time..20 quid dogs desperate already. 

No need. Thay now have fancy computerised turnstiles - the attendance will be cumulatively displayed on their big screen, no doubt, so you can watch the crowd grow by the minute.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

But that is just the problem - many might not who would have been tempted at £15. That sounds like lose-lose to me.

Agree BSJ. 20 quid including a pie and a pint might have been a good idea. It's a friendly that usually involves 20 plus players being constantly swapped and changed. If it's poor weather that extra fiver will encourage most to stay away. 

Perhaps not all the blame should be put put on Batley, this match both clubs have to agree what the admission prices are, cannot remember any complaints last year when normal charges were in operation. Perhaps my mind is playing tricks but I cannot remember admission charges ever being relaxed on Boxing Day.

Rightly or wrongly I am sure that both clubs see Boxing Day as a money earner so why not charge £20.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

17 hours ago, ernieone said:

Perhaps not all the blame should be put put on Batley, this match both clubs have to agree what the admission prices are, cannot remember any complaints last year when normal charges were in operation. Perhaps my mind is playing tricks but I cannot remember admission charges ever being relaxed on Boxing Day.

Rightly or wrongly I am sure that both clubs see Boxing Day as a money earner so why not charge £20.

As support slowly dwindles Ernie, you can't keep sucking more blood from the bodies that remain though, can you?

People will say that it is the Boxing Day match, always draws a good crowd, no need to do anything special. Or might they say "let's promote it as a great family day out after the excesses of Christmas; offer special prices/packages, get lots of folk along and sell them extra stuff when they are here"? Nah! Same old, same old has always been good enough for RL.

No Batley are not desperate, as said it's a shared gate, so part of your £20 goes to the dark side of the valley, and it's been a few years since Batley put the prices up.

21 hours ago, ernieone said:

Perhaps not all the blame should be put put on Batley, this match both clubs have to agree what the admission prices are, cannot remember any complaints last year when normal charges were in operation. 

Cos folk won’t go.  £20 is a joke for a touch and pass’s game with 47 players all getting a run out.  We charged enough last time and I moaned about that, but def not paying £20. Suspect three from our house not going so that’s a few bob gone. 

2 hours ago, RogerT said:

No Batley are not desperate, as said it's a shared gate, so part of your £20 goes to the dark side of the valley, and it's been a few years since Batley put the prices up.

Two years I think, Roger.

Your all complaining online so must have internet access, you can order advance tickets for £18/£13 that's £1 more than it cost  to sit at the Rams last season. For that you get to relieve the cabin fever with 2hrs of fresh air, support your new players vocally and your club financially, have access to some competativley priced home cooked food and beer.   If you Rams fans turn your jeans up and flash your lovely new Mr Grumpy  socks I'll be able to identify you and I'll buy you a pint. Our best bet is to reduce prices for our 5th game of the season when everyone is fed up, no point doing it now when fans will turn up out of tradition or we both lose out. 

2 hours ago, Ackroman said:

So I can go see the world's best players at Elland Road for £55 and a glorified training session in Batley for £77 (2 adult, 3 concessions)?

A complete lack of perspective.

How old are your boys ? Concession is for students and oap, kids are £3

IMG_0583.JPG

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 4:36 PM, RogerT said:

what happened to £18 at the gate ?..... hope the council tax does not go up 25%

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

I put this on facebook, posted it on the supporters group.

I understand that £20 is terrible for a friendly but if your planning on boycotting then boycott the league game at their place, it's a shared gate boxing day so let's drum up as much money for the club as possible, let's be honest we need it.

6 hours ago, Ackroman said:

So I can go see the world's best players at Elland Road for £55 and a glorified training session in Batley for £77 (2 adult, 3 concessions)?

A complete lack of perspective.

Oh and don't forget the booking fee

Awash with money is rugby league

On 12/13/2018 at 2:52 PM, Blind side johnny said:

As support slowly dwindles Ernie, you can't keep sucking more blood from the bodies that remain though, can you?

People will say that it is the Boxing Day match, always draws a good crowd, no need to do anything special. Or might they say "let's promote it as a great family day out after the excesses of Christmas; offer special prices/packages, get lots of folk along and sell them extra stuff when they are here"? Nah! Same old, same old has always been good enough for RL.

spot on

9 hours ago, Chris_T said:

Your all complaining online so must have internet access, you can order advance tickets for £18/£13 that's £1 more than it cost  to sit at the Rams last season. For that you get to relieve the cabin fever with 2hrs of fresh air, support your new players vocally and your club financially, have access to some competativley priced home cooked food and beer.   If you Rams fans turn your jeans up and flash your lovely new Mr Grumpy  socks I'll be able to identify you and I'll buy you a pint. Our best bet is to reduce prices for our 5th game of the season when everyone is fed up, no point doing it now when fans will turn up out of tradition or we both lose out. 

Who wears jeans in winter? I thought only our Grumpy wore those socks. If that's the case you might only have to buy one pint.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

8 hours ago, Kelsey The Ram 97 said:

then boycott the league game at their place

isn't there a ongoing boycott already?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Archived