Mid table finish

yck2017

As it's all quite on here at the moment i have been looking at the championship tables for 2018 and to have a mid table finish it required 8 wins (16 pts) , to finish in the top 6 required 16 wins and 32 pts , only Toronto won more games 20 in total, 2 to 6 all finished winning 16 games each and 32pts,  5 clubs with the same amount of wins and points, just shows how tough this league is going to be, we have an excellent warm up game against the Bull's should be a good indicator as  to how we will perform in the league win or lose it will give Fordy food for thought , expect a tough encounter in more ways than one,  what has the makings of a great game of rugby could well turn into a grudge match and spoil what should be an open flowing spectacle of rugby league hope  i am wrong ? clock's a ticking 13 days to go bring it on.

Champions  2018 

3 hours ago, yck2017 said:

As it's all quite on here at the moment i have been looking at the championship tables for 2018 and to have a mid table finish it required 8 wins (16 pts) , to finish in the top 6 required 16 wins and 32 pts , only Toronto won more games 20 in total, 2 to 6 all finished winning 16 games each and 32pts,  5 clubs with the same amount of wins and points, just shows how tough this league is going to be, we have an excellent warm up game against the Bull's should be a good indicator as  to how we will perform in the league win or lose it will give Fordy food for thought , expect a tough encounter in more ways than one,  what has the makings of a great game of rugby could well turn into a grudge match and spoil what should be an open flowing spectacle of rugby league hope  i am wrong ? clock's a ticking 13 days to go bring it on.

Champions  2018 

I am going for 11 wins absolute minimum .

Up the championship kneets???

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

I see the Knights finishing 5th...fighting with Bradford...1. Toronto 2. Toulouse 3. Fev 4. Widnes..if they go higher so much the better

Think your team will win at a canter rob. See you in August 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Lots of bold predictions about finishing top half or top 6.

This league consists of lots of established clubs.

To me finishing 10th would be deemed as a success. Can't see us getting anywhere near the top 6, too many bigger clubs up there (Toronto, Toulouse, Fev, Fax, Widnes, Leigh), before you even consider Dewsbury, Batley, Sheffield, Barrow, Swinton, Rochdale, Bulls & us.

1 hour ago, davet said:

Lots of bold predictions about finishing top half or top 6.

This league consists of lots of established clubs.

To me finishing 10th would be deemed as a success. Can't see us getting anywhere near the top 6, too many bigger clubs up there (Toronto, Toulouse, Fev, Fax, Widnes, Leigh), before you even consider Dewsbury, Batley, Sheffield, Barrow, Swinton, Rochdale, Bulls & us.

Personally I reckon we'll finish above Dewsbury, Batley, Sheffield, Barrow, Swinton, Rochdale, Bradford, Fev & Leigh. 

Come back at the end of next season and tell me I was right.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

We have an established team who have played a full season together going into the new season on the back of the Yorkshire Cup.

I think we will win all our home games (unless Bradford bring their own referee again) I can't imagine that Swinton, Rochdale, Dewsbury, Batley, Leigh, Barrow, Sheffield or Featherstone will beat us away.

2 hours ago, GaryHall said:

We have an established team who have played a full season together going into the new season on the back of the Yorkshire Cup.

I think we will win all our home games (unless Bradford bring their own referee again) I can't imagine that Swinton, Rochdale, Dewsbury, Batley, Leigh, Barrow, Sheffield or Featherstone will beat us away.

Have you been drinking Gary 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

8 hours ago, NWDuk said:

You think you'll win all of your home games??

Beating Toronto / Toulouse / Widness is optimistic to say the least, even at home.

No I don't , ANY team could surprise us at home , equally we could surprise a few teams away.

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

In league express Gary Schofield has tipped us to finish 6th next year , hope He's correct that would be one hell of a season for us.

Up the kneets???

Lets hope he's right, normally he's wrong with eveything he says, a Batley fan reckons we will finish second bottom, 10th or higher will do me.

21 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

a Batley fan reckons we will finish second bottom

Well that means Batley will be bottom then cos we'll definitely finish above them.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Well as a Swinton fan I also hope that we not only avoid relegation but make mid table, like yourselves we want our teams to do well and it will be an extremely competitive league with most clubs assembling decent squads. Who finishes were is difficult to predict, I think the top six clubs will be (in no particular order) Toronto, Leigh, Toulouse, Sheffield, Bradford, Widnes...…….Look forward to our matches next year.

Can only see one winner and that’s Wolfpack. They won’t go the season unbeaten though and will come unstuck against the Knights at BC. ?

Other sides competing for, and probably securing a top six spot, will include Widnes, Toulouse, Halifax and Fev. That leaves one place up for grabs and I think it will go to one of Bradford, Leigh or the Knights, the others, finishing mid-table. 

As for the rest, sad to say that the best they can hope for is mid-table at best but likely that the two bottom clubs will come from these.

But form doesn’t come on paper and there’s a long and very exciting season to go, and dare I say, many twists and turns along the way.

Biggest crowd, 7,918 at home to the Bulls.

Up the Knights.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Archived