Roughyeds Kitbag - New Heritage Trust Book – FINAL BOOK SIGNING - This Saturday @ WH SMITHS, in Spindles, 10am - 1pm

sheddingswasus

Good day all

Michael Turner is doing a book signing on Saturday morning at the W.H. SMITHS in Spindles from 10am until 1pm, should anyone want that last minute Christmas present!

"The Roughyeds' Kitbag" is a magnificent book, in full colour and all glossy pages.

Hope you can come along and have some great rugby chat with the lads from the Heritage Trust.

If you can’t make it, we are happy to deliver anywhere in the Oldham area free of charge. Please PM me if you need more info.

Also, we are happy to post anywhere in the UK for just £3.50 P & P

Remember all the proceeds are used to save the artifacts from the history of our proud club.

Thanks for your time!

See you all there!

He's a good man Michael, had a few scoops with him yesterday, we were reminicing about "It's in the Blood. The song he wrote for the play was brilliant. Much against my better judgement I am going to buy a copy of the book, ahem, not because I am a Roughyed, you all know I am a Hornet, but because I greatley admire Michael Turner, and I know whatever he turns his hand to it will be first class, and I grudgingly suppose if it helps you lot a bit, then I don't really mind.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

No I don't think he did, went to Malcolm's surprise Birthday Party earlier in the year, he's a grand old chap with many many stories to tell, could listen for hours. A big surprise at that do was big Jim Mills putting in an appearance, bl**dy ell he has hands like shovels. He was only, like Malcolm, to happy to have his picture taken with fans and sign a few autographs, all in all a memorable day.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all you Roughyeds and the wider RL Family. Hope your year provides plenty of excitement and success (except in the Law Cup).

Just a quick thank you to Michael Turner and his lovely wife Mary for delivering my Christmas present intime for the big day, thanks Mike, can you pop back round, you forgot to sign it. LOL.

See you all at the Vestandpants stadium on the 12th, praying the weather stays like it is at the moment.

Almost finished this magnificent book, which throughout perfectly matches Oldham the town, Oldham the rugby team and what is going on in the outside world at a dreadful time,  at the same time pointing out some really compassionate and humane acts.

Very well done to Michael Turner and everyone who contributed to this memorable social history.

Nearly at the end of this book after receiving it for Christmas. It combines of my favourite subjects the first world War and of course the roughyeds. 

I don't think you need to be an oldham fan necessarily to enjoy this but reading it will make you proud of the resilience shown by those that volunteered. 

A smashing read and it makes you feel proud of this clubs history, excellent job by Michael Turner. 

Don't like the way the game is going,the club's who pretty much operate hand to mouth will struggle or go under if the superleague clubs get their way. Whichever clubs signed up with superleague clubs at the secret ballot have a massive mistake in my view. They'll starve lower leagues onto history and out of existence. I think people are starting to think they're flogging a dead horse,that's why they're staying away. Good money after bad etc. In some respects you can't blame them, money's too hard earned to squander. That's my view anyway.

20 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Won't be anyone there on the 12th mate, might be a bit of a game on the 20th though ?

All the best to you and yours, see you soon. 

Hahahahaha, thanks R34, dropped a bo**ock there, we play Mayfield on the 12th. Standing alone at the Vestandpants stadium.........does'nt bare thinking about....sent a shudder down my spine.

Archived