TWP cut from Premier

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

Other than TWP games did FreeSports show any other RL last season?

One NCL match per week.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

DER! Course they did. I don't recall them showing any other Championship or League 1 games though.

No, they had a deal with Sky to broadcast Toronto matches, but nothing else from that division.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

No, they had a deal with Sky to broadcast Toronto matches, but nothing else from that division.

So I don't understand the statement I highlighted earlier. It makes out like FreeSports broadcast Championship and League 1 games last season. We've lost the TWP reruns from FreeSports. There wasn't any other professional RL to lose.

rldfsignature.jpg

5 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

So I don't understand the statement I highlighted earlier. It makes out like FreeSports broadcast Championship and League 1 games last season. We've lost the TWP reruns from FreeSports. There wasn't any other professional RL to lose.

Correct. Freesports had live NCL, plus repeats of TWP games (Championship in 2018, C1 in 2017), and that was it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Correct. Freesports had live NCL, plus repeats of TWP games (Championship in 2018, C1 in 2017), and that was it.

I suppose the wording makes things look that extra bit doom-laden, and there seems to be a ready audience for that sort of thing.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well I guess all the naysayers will be happy and give us a told you so.   Thats right, its good for all of RL NOT to televise the Wolfpack games and limit their exposure.   This is the way forward for them.  They are bright lights alright Johnny.

I'm sure Argyle will have a plan!  Bigger and better is the way to go.

27 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I agree. But then tbh, the quality of articles on that website is appalling anyway, so it aint surprising it made no sense.

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Well I guess all the naysayers will be happy and give us a told you so.   Thats right, its good for all of RL NOT to televise the Wolfpack games and limit their exposure.   This is the way forward for them.  They are bright lights alright Johnny.

I quite enjoyed watching some of TWP's matches on Premier last season, and was disappointed when Sky snaffled them for the 'Qualifiers'.

5 minutes ago, AlanE said:

I quite enjoyed watching some of TWP's matches on Premier last season, and was disappointed when Sky snaffled them for the 'Qualifiers'.

Me too Alan....hopefully there is an alternative plan....there should be at least one Championship game televised per week...I think it is crucial for the development and promotion of the game.   There are some who feel differently though and will take delight in the Premier announcement....sad, but true.

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Well it is up to Argyl to sort this. It was his deal with Premier. If that deal isn't there this year and not replaced then it is also on him/ his team.

4 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Me too Alan....hopefully there is an alternative plan....there should be at least one Championship game televised per week...I think it is crucial for the development and promotion of the game.   There are some who feel differently though and will take delight in the Premier announcement....sad, but true.

Who? Highlight an example. Otherwise this goes down as fake news.

Late edit: Parky doesn't count!!! :biggrin:

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Well it is up to Argyl to sort this. It was his deal with Premier. If that deal isn't there this year and not replaced then it is also on him/ his team.

No one ever said its wasn't...it will all work out in the end I'm sure.

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Who? Highlight an example. Otherwise this goes down as fake news.

There were numerous threads and entries on this topic posted in the forum last year/last season....many made comment, some positive some negative.   You can go back and look if you like....its all on the record.

Archived