TWP cut from Premier

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I am happy to concede the point about not knowing anybody not wanting TV coverage, I didn't account for the couple of Leigh fans, although their message is confused as they have also stated they would want tv coverage with the money.

This has happened before with some of my previous posts you have commented on....a pattern appears to be developing.

57 minutes ago, Dave T said:

No, as has been highlighted here, the people still want tv coverage, they just want the payments that go with it, which should more than offset any negatives. It's quite simple.

I am happy to concede the point about not knowing anybody not wanting TV coverage, I didn't account for the couple of Leigh fans, although their message is confused as they have also stated they would want tv coverage with the money.

No we said the money has to be enough to compensate , that is different to wanting TV coverage

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Do you really live in Edinburgh Dave? If so, could that influence your opinion?

It doesn't influence my opinion, as I watched live sport on TV before I moved here too. People watch sport on tv all over the globe.

18 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

We are discussing lower tier sport here , if the sport being shown gives a poor impression of the sport at that level , is it a good idea to be on TV ?

Far too often assumptions are made without actually asking the right question in the 1 st place

I'd be very happy if we had more RL on from every level. Internationals, NRL, SL, Champ, L1, Womens, Amateurs etc. It is all good and great on TV.

5 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

This has happened before with some of my previous posts you have commented on....a pattern appears to be developing.

happy for you to highlight them, maybe you are confusing me with somebody else. 

Just now, Dave T said:

I'd be very happy if we had more RL on from every level. Internationals, NRL, SL, Champ, L1, Womens, Amateurs etc. It is all good and great on TV.

I knew you would come around to my way of thinking eventually.

"Run With The Pack!"

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Sport , not life , tell me what has improved in sport due to TV  ?

The number of people watching for one....come on Man!....you gotta adjust to the modern times....Sherlock Homes is dead and long gone!

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

No we said the money has to be enough to compensate , that is different to wanting TV coverage

I am happy to change my earlier statement that I do not know anybody who does not want more TV coverage to read 'I know of only one person who does not want more tv coverage'. :biggrin: 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

happy for you to highlight them, maybe you are confusing me with somebody else. 

I know this is as close as you will ever get to an apology....so in the spirit of Christmas....i accept! 

May the Peace and Spirit of the Season be with you this XMas Dave.

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

The number of people watching for one....come on Man!....you gotta adjust to the modern times....Sherlock Homes is dead and long gone!

The number of people watching at a much reduced rate rather than filling the stadiums you mean ?

Just now, Kayakman said:

I know this is as close as you will ever get to an apology....so in the spirit of Christmas....i accept! 

May the Peace and Spirit of the Season be with you this XMas Dave.

If you think this was an apology, you are definitely confusing me with somebody else! :biggrin:

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

I am happy to change my earlier statement that I do not know anybody who does not want more TV coverage to read 'I know of only one person who does not want more tv coverage'. :biggrin: 

See , I told you it was me , Im happy to have evry game of RL at the LSV televised

If it was full of paying spectators

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

The number of people watching at a much reduced rate rather than filling the stadiums you mean ?

Have you made the journey across the Big Water yet to observe how the Wolfpack is doing things....you can have both.....we will show you how.   JUST WATCH US!

"Run With The Pack!"

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

See , I told you it was me , Im happy to have evry game of RL at the LSV televised

If it was full of paying spectators

The reality is you are playing with no cameras and mostly empty stands. 

2 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Have you made the journey across the Big Water yet to observe how the Wolfpack is doing things....you can have both.....we will show you how.   JUST WATCH US!

"Run With The Pack!"

Give me a billionaire owner and I'll fill the LSV every week no problem , and that is no criticism of what Toronto have achieved in very impressive numbers at your matches

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Indeed , and having cameras there will help us or hinder us in achieving that ?

So let me ask this question a different way, in a perfect world, would these games be televised?

The premise of whether televising sport is a good thing shouldn't be based on us being in a weak position right now. I agree that there should always be conditions/exchange/compensation - whatever you want to call it.

Just now, Dave T said:

So let me ask this question a different way, in a perfect world, would these games be televised?

The premise of whether televising sport is a good thing shouldn't be based on us being in a weak position right now. I agree that there should always be conditions/exchange/compensation - whatever you want to call it.

Unfortunatly it is based on the position , showing a less than perfect product on TV can do more harm than good , as I posted earler , just making up the difference for some lost revenue isnt the way the sport should be looking at the problem , the ' compensation ' should be enough to make sure the product is shown in its best possible light , that does involve more thought into who , how , where and when , and also different thinking by the clubs , the problem is the very weak posintion means poor decisions are made

Archived