Very exciting development in Africa

2 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

"NRLA have already gained official recognition from their local Olympic body and activity in Nigeria will also assist with developing international competition in the region and moving everyone forward."

very impressive.

7 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

"NRLA have already gained official recognition from their local Olympic body and activity in Nigeria will also assist with developing international competition in the region and moving everyone forward."

very impressive.

Considering the issues we have seen elsewhere this is always a feat in itself.

10 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

very impressive.

Already on the international forum

2 hours ago, Quinskolar said:

Skolars legend

Slight thread drift but I remember watching him playing in the Hull FC academy and liking the look of him. We got iirc 3 London players for a while to have a look at them and give them experience (Michael Worrincy and LMS were the other two I believe, although I could be wrong). It was a shame he never got a chance at the top level but good to hear he had a good career with you guys. 

17 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Had chance to look into this it look like a lot of work has gone into this.

https://www.facebook.com/NigeriaRL

So they will be looking for players from the uk.

Spare kits for the domestic league.

I hope it is a success but there are doubts.  Organisations there have history of financial irregularities so let’s hope this doesn’t go the same way.

Certainly very athletic lads.

I don't know much about Africa other then most places are war torn and poverty stricken. Am I wrong? Are there a few places (Other then South Afric which seems to be going a bit backwards) that have decent living standards and push toward first world nations? 

1 hour ago, B rad said:

I don't know much about Africa other then most places are war torn and poverty stricken. Am I wrong? Are there a few places (Other then South Afric which seems to be going a bit backwards) that have decent living standards and push toward first world nations? 

Dont think you quite have the idea about Nigeria it has everything you would expect in the west in terms of shopping. But a lot who have nothing.

Place however is chaotic.

5 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Very important in taking this forward.

Having spent time in Nigeria i appreciate he has worked a minor miracle.

Great stuff.

I’d imagine the Nigerian disaspora means they could make fairly quick progress, maybe even a World Cup appearance in 2025...?

9 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

I think a lot of countries could make that claim, but its a possibility.

Lot depending on the route into the tournament.

DR Congo, Ghana, Cameroon, Nigeria would make a great little qualifying comp.

The winner meets South Africa for a finals spot?

4 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

I would expect that to be too ambitious. However, I think the 9s tournaments might be more suitable - first of all you need fewer good players, but secondly even if you have a huge mismatch in quality, it can be entertaining and the score doesn't blow out too badly. 

Its nice to be having the conversation.

Archived