Confirmed: Wolfpack buy stake in Skolars

Futtocks

Good stuff. Sounds like Jamaica will benefit too.

“London Skolars have helped produce some great Rugby League players through their youth pathways. This has enabled the club to field a predominately local squad in League 1 and also has seen many former players play professionally in the top levels of the game and gain international honours in League and Union. The club currently has the likes of Omari Caro, Lamont Bryan and Head Coach Jermaine Coleman on their books, all of whom have qualified for the 2021 Rugby League World Cup with Jamaica.

Is Argyle again using the NAM model and will using the Skolars as the Wolfpack's 'farm team'? Such an idea makes total sense to me, but I imagine the traditionalists will not be pleased.

42 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Isn’t the Skolars owner something of a cheese in the City? What else will the Wolfpack get out of it other than good contacts?

Don't you ever have anything positive to say about Toronto?

It is good news. The investment is being matched by existing share holders and others (including in a small way me). Aim is to grow the support, which I guess will mean marketing, and get promotion. I think Skolars have really strong foundations now, building on the great work the owners have been doing. 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

David Argyle is ...

Investing in the Skolars after reading Parky's posts! "Such great literature needs a real Muse!" He said.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

6 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

I’m looking forward to them being in Super League, especially as a TV product and tool for potential growth.

So, then, what does Wolfpack get out of it?

The knowledge that we have helped other out at this festive time of year of course.  Now just getting off topic for a sec:  'Is your house built of straw or hay?"

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

I’m looking forward to them being in Super League, especially as a TV product and tool for potential growth.

I can tell you why I invested my money it’s because I can see the potential of the club to grow in NE London and the TWP cash will certainly help,and  because I love the game and want it to grow. London is a key market. Maybe financially it’ll be a good investment long term but I don’t really care. I’m certainly confident the club is well run and sensibly ambitious. 

Why not come along to a game MoK and have a chat with Hector or Terry (main share holders). They’re very approachable. 

1 minute ago, EssexRL said:

I can tell you why I invested my money it’s because I can see the potential of the club to grow in NE London and the TWP cash will certainly help,and  because I love the game and want it to grow. London is a key market. Maybe financially it’ll be a good investment long term but I don’t really care. I’m certainly confident the club is well run and sensibly ambitious. 

Why not come along to a game MoK and have a chat with Hector or Terry (main share holders). They’re very approachable. 

That’s great and I’m sure the investment will go a long way to further the good work up there. I go to Skolars occasionally and always enjoy the homely clubhouse.

Just wondering what Wolfpack’s gameplan is. Is it about players? Trade/business links? 

17 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

$12,000,000 Canadian from the RFL and $40,000,000 from SL just for caring  and socks, after-shave and the Rugby League rule book from Parky!

And I included my Bah Humbug Father Christmas Hat because I didn't think that was enough!

Man of Kent said:

Just wondering what Wolfpack’s gameplan is. Is it about players? Trade/business links? 

Probably all that and more. A farm club in England to send young promising Canadian players who really have no where to play here yet or TWP players can recover from injury and get back into shape. Maybe even a new base to TWP to operate of. Perhaps even a stadium to play out of in the springtime before they can come home.

There is nothing but positives for TWP here, and the Skolars.

5 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

There is nothing but positives for TWP here, and the Skolars.

Give TGG fans a moment they're a bit busy with Christmas but they'll find the Yin to your Yang!

Archived