Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Raider94

Sponsors

Recommended Posts

Taken from the raiders Facebook page. 

 

Barrow Raiders are delighted to announce that they have agreed a Main Sponsorship deal with Furness Park Motors. This is a two year deal with an option with both parties for a third year. To get such a prestigious local brand on board is a real coup for the club and already we are seeing dividends with other sponsors being recommended to the club through association. In negotiations it was obvious that Glenn Stoker wasn’t just bringing a cash payment to the table but his business and marketing expertise. The Stoker family obviously have a long standing relationship with the club with Alan being a former chairman and it is great that we are now once more closely aligned. We are looking forward to a great future together.

 

To complement the announcement of the club’s main sponsor Barrow Raiders are also delighted to announce that they have tied up a separate deal for the Ground Sponsor. From 2019 our ground will be called The Matt Johnson Prestige Stadium. Matt is a massive Raiders fan and we are very privileged to get him on board for another two year deal with a third year option. We look forward to forming a great relationship and making Matt feel part of the Raiders family. This is another giant stride forward for the club. Welcome Matt.

 

 

Great work being done behind the scenes at the club. Not long to go till the seasons starts, really looking forward to this one! 

  • Thanks 1

Tom Heighton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Raider94 said:

Taken from the raiders Facebook page. 

 

Barrow Raiders are delighted to announce that they have agreed a Main Sponsorship deal with Furness Park Motors. This is a two year deal with an option with both parties for a third year. To get such a prestigious local brand on board is a real coup for the club and already we are seeing dividends with other sponsors being recommended to the club through association. In negotiations it was obvious that Glenn Stoker wasn’t just bringing a cash payment to the table but his business and marketing expertise. The Stoker family obviously have a long standing relationship with the club with Alan being a former chairman and it is great that we are now once more closely aligned. We are looking forward to a great future together.

 

To complement the announcement of the club’s main sponsor Barrow Raiders are also delighted to announce that they have tied up a separate deal for the Ground Sponsor. From 2019 our ground will be called The Matt Johnson Prestige Stadium. Matt is a massive Raiders fan and we are very privileged to get him on board for another two year deal with a third year option. We look forward to forming a great relationship and making Matt feel part of the Raiders family. This is another giant stride forward for the club. Welcome Matt.

 

 

Great work being done behind the scenes at the club. Not long to go till the seasons starts, really looking forward to this one! 

Great, great news. We know the Stoker family have been great supporters of the club for years and for that we thank them. I think without them we may have gone under. But can you give the fans a bit more info on Matt Johnson?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt was partner with his brother at Knightsbridge Motors but I believe they have decided to go separate ways, Matt has opened up in the old Stokers car sales by the Strawberry.  They have sponsored the club before, Peter Milligan was provided with a car.  Good bloke and big fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely awesome, the good news keeps coming in.Must admit I didn't know who Matt was and checked out his car web site, some cool motors he is selling, I will have to get saving though. Well done Matt and a festive season to all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matts a great guy and loves Barrow RL


Lee Morton

 

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SJD said:

Matt was partner with his brother at Knightsbridge Motors but I believe they have decided to go separate ways, Matt has opened up in the old Stokers car sales by the Strawberry.  They have sponsored the club before, Peter Milligan was provided with a car.  Good bloke and big fan. 

Matt Johnson & Dave Johnston not related, I believe Matt is a big fan of rugby and is a good guy so good to have him involved.

Edited by The Vet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s great all these  sponsors continuing to support the raiders , but what about the towns big players ie BAE ,Kimberley Clark  Dong who now have the biggest wind farm ever . Surely they could all spare a little cash of the massive amount they make plus centrica , PKA plus all the massive food retailers Asda Tesco Morrisons Aldi just food for thought and before Murphy asks no I have not got time to contact them as I work abroad for long periods of time . But still a season ticket holder 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the info every one on MJ, sounds like the perfect person we need. It's great to know we have people like that supporting us in this little town. I raise my hat to him and everyone else. But, I agree with jcd, why are the firms making a fortune out of our town not supporting us? Not just us, the soccer as well. Bae, Kimberley Clark, Dong, et al. It sees they are content to make profits from us without contributions. Without us they are nothing, yet they give us nothing. 

Why are our teams not running out on to the pitch, rugby or soccer, with the BAE logo? Or Dong? Or Kimberely Clark, etc? This isn't a poke at either club because I know they have both tried their hardest to get support from all these firms, but they ignore us. Why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im pretty sure with BAE they are happy to sponsor charity's and local non profit organisations but that's about it. Pretty sure Steve Neale had a meeting with the managing director at BAE and while he said they couldn't offer sponsorship, they offered to help in other ways. 

Not sure about Kimberly Clarke and dong though, could be a similar scenario. 


Tom Heighton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BAE couldn't afford sponsorship? They only make over a £billion profit every year. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think its anything to do with affording it to be honest. Heres what Steve Neale put on Facebook after the meeting if you've not seen it. 

Meeting with Cliff Robson from BAE Systems went well. First things first he has offered resource to help put together a sustainable business plan. This is something I have been working on but it will be good to get the help from a team who are paid to do this for a living. BAE Systems don't want to be associated with financial failure so I can fully understand that a plan is needed for step one. From there there was nothing concrete committed but they would look as a start to help with community based projects. For example they may help with our Furness Raiders college team or to help fund players providing educational programmes in schools. He fully understood the benefit of having professional sports teams thriving as part of the attraction of South Cumbria being a place to relocate and work.


Tom Heighton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things don't move particularly quickly in BAE Systems. In the end we put together a development plan ourselves and we  back that up financially with our salary cap submissions to the RFL and our financial forecasts. I had another meeting with them December 21st but they now want me to go away and almost put together something similar to a grant application to try to obtain specific funding. It is a little bit frustrating that we are working so hard and there's so much to do and must now dedicate a lot of time to put something together that may or may not result in sponsorship. it would be great to put resource to every task but if it's a toss up between organising an event like the boxing or jumping through BAE hoops I think I would go with the former. That said, we will probably still jump through the hoop.

  • Like 2

BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it can be frustrating steve but look at the rewards which could be received if we do persist with the big players . I’ve worked most of my life at sea for all the big players , who as you know sub contract to agency’s most of these agency’s are involved with the offshore wind farms and make very good money on each individual contractor supplied if we could perhaps contact them separately we could get some rewards ie dong vatenfall 

Centrica , deep ocean, boskalis, James Fisher rumic who are probably the most local firm to craven park 

then you have atlas Proffesionals ,seatechs, ETPM, oceanineering, Johnston recruitment all these companies supply local and travelers for work offshore in the immediate area 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For information, we also have a grant application in to Dong (are they still called that?) to help fund our community programme.

By hook or by crook I've also obtained the vendor list of all BAE Systems preferred suppliers so that will keep our commercial department busy for some time.

 

 


BarrowRaiders-TheMan-1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think Dong are now Orsted. 

Kimberly Clark do plenty in the community including sponsoring some of the local youth sports. They're currently in the middle of a global restructure which involves getting rid of 5500 jobs so I can't see them handing over large chunks of money to a semi pro club in sponsorship.

Edited by RAIDERSRUS
More info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, the man said:

Things don't move particularly quickly in BAE Systems. In the end we put together a development plan ourselves and we  back that up financially with our salary cap submissions to the RFL and our financial forecasts. I had another meeting with them December 21st but they now want me to go away and almost put together something similar to a grant application to try to obtain specific funding. It is a little bit frustrating that we are working so hard and there's so much to do and must now dedicate a lot of time to put something together that may or may not result in sponsorship. it would be great to put resource to every task but if it's a toss up between organising an event like the boxing or jumping through BAE hoops I think I would go with the former. That said, we will probably still jump through the hoop.

Steve, if that doesn't tell the supporters here how much the local big firms give a toss about the local community, I don't know what will? It's obvious your doing your best but banging your head against a brick wall. And then, you have to argue with the RFL for funding, having done all they have asked, and then they ask you to put something together that may or not may result in sponsorship?  I'm just stunned, totally stunned with The RFL and  BAE Systems and all the other local firms here. I don't know what to say, I really don't.

It seems, it's just up to us, the supporters, the local firms that have supported us and no one else. May I say to all the Multi National firms making a fortune out of Barrow and district, thank you, not.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2018 at 10:23 PM, Raider94 said:

Im pretty sure with BAE they are happy to sponsor charity's and local non profit organisations but that's about it. Pretty sure Steve Neale had a meeting with the managing director at BAE and while he said they couldn't offer sponsorship, they offered to help in other ways. 

Not sure about Kimberly Clarke and dong though, could be a similar scenario. 

Could it be said Barrow RLFC are a non profit organisation? any money raised it pumped back into the club to enhance it, whether it be the team, stadium or facilities.. No pockets are lined of those that run it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul, what's your point? Of course we are a profit organisation or we wouldn't exist. Of course we need profits. What are you saying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, TMF said:

Paul, what's your point? Of course we are a profit organisation or we wouldn't exist. Of course we need profits. What are you saying?

So what is a non profit organisation and how do they exist??

I'm not saying anything untowards I just don't see anyones (owners) pockets being lined and all monies going back into the club and charities..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Paul Ballantyne said:

So what is a non profit organisation and how do they exist??

I'm not saying anything untowards I just don't see anyones (owners) pockets being lined and all monies going back into the club and charities..

Paul, sorry mate, but I will ask you again, what are you saying? Of course we need profits. What are you saying about  pockets being lined? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Paul Ballantyne said:

So what is a non profit organisation and how do they exist?

The club pays the players and whichever members of paid staff, a non profit organisation has just volunteers and all money goes back into the organisation, think that's it anyway. 


Tom Heighton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Paul Ballantyne said:

So what is a non profit organisation and how do they exist??

I'm not saying anything untowards I just don't see anyones (owners) pockets being lined and all monies going back into the club and charities..

You are right Balla. But the diffeence is that there have been lots of sports clubs that have had unscrupulous owners in the pastn( Barrow AFC, Keighley, Coventry Sky Blues the list goes on and on).

Some clubs like Rochdale are supporters trusts and cannot be taken over by anyone looking to make a quick buck.

Does Barrow RLFC' s constitution prevent that happening? If so it should be presented to potential sponsors as a safeguard that the money they give will indeed prevent monies being misspent.

  • Like 1

Ron Banks

Bears and Barrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TMF said:

Paul, sorry mate, but I will ask you again, what are you saying? Of course we need profits. What are you saying about  pockets being lined? 

When I say lining pockets I mean the majority of clubs have owners  who make money out of the business.. I hope this helps in what I was trying to put across.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...