Match Thread. Pre-season friendly. Castleford v Featherstone Sunday 30th December.

marklaspalmas

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that with the small squad we have that DR is going to be completely necessary if we have any ambition in our placings in the league. Yes give the youngsters a chance but that is what we have started an 'A' team for. If they are good there then in they go, but to just risk them without performance is daft. Use the DR to the best of our advantage and get the best placing in the league from a finance point of view.  

18 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

As I've said before, season long loans are worth diddly squat in terms of length. They (almost) always have recall clauses meaning that they are effectively month long loans with automatic weekly renewals.

that's always been the case but we did ok with Minns  regarding c#s forget the result the most important thing  for me is to see how Tansey and Baiiley go

4 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Seem to remember he went off injured (leg/knee?) near the end of the shield final, but not heard anything about how serious it was.

Could be that yes, but it was nearly 3 months ago. Must have been quite a serious injury.

57 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

A back row forward it appears.

Yeah he's a second row, he joined us from Bradford the same time Trueman left them for Cas, something went on at the bulls and a few young lads left at same time. A few Bulls fans i talked to at the time rated him highly but he's been injured for most of his time with us, cant remember him playing a game at any level for us last season. Apparently he's finally 100% fit and massivly impressing Furner in pre-season, backed up by the fact he's came from nowhere to earn a first team squad number.

51 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Yes, why?

When we got him from Batley in a swop deal for Jason crooks we was laughing at Batley as we felt we had got the better deal, then after a few games it was evident we hadn't, passed on by Batley quickly, frozen out at Dewsbury, personally for me the most disgusting moment was in the Royal suite when dane (massive mouth) chisholm was tapping our players up openly, and Mr Hallett said he would ring him.. That was job done for me was that, Kelly soon rooted him out like he did with luke Adamson, but the lad has a clean slate and I wish him all the best at his new club. 

It seems to me that we have taken on board ( most on a suck it and see ) bunch of nasty, under performing,failures, young , used to be good and high potential bunch of players this year but from the Clubs point of view they haven’t got the brass to set On maybes.I am sure that all the good ones that want it most will be signed up and will add to our mainstream players for a good season.By the way not going today, my son and his partner are but can someone keep us informed of the ongoing score at Cas please.

10 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

It seems to me that we have taken on board ( most on a suck it and see ) bunch of nasty, under performing,failures, young , used to be good and high potential bunch of players this year but from the Clubs point of view they haven’t got the brass to set On maybes.I am sure that all the good ones that want it most will be signed up and will add to our mainstream players for a good season.By the way not going today, my son and his partner are but can someone keep us informed of the ongoing score at Cas please.

Cas currently 32 nil up, about 20 left to play. Taken from the club's twitter feed. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Archived