Predictions: Who Finishes Where in SL

OMEGA

I haven't got a clue how it will pad out this year!

I think Catalans will be continuing to improve and might surprise some with how well they go.

Saints will probably continue in a similar vein to last season, so they'll be there or thereabouts.

Wigan could have a bit of a mare this year... A lot of big changes might upset the apple cart and they will need to get off to a decent start to quickly get momentum.  Their early fixtures could very well set a tone for the season!

Wire and Leeds are the funny ones for me - A lot of changes at Leeds might make it a jittery start and Wire as we all know, on paper have a squad to rival most, but getting them all to gel for a full season seems just beyond them.

Wakefield are doing great with (no offence) using a smaller wallet than others, but can they sustain the momentum?

Cas have had their day in the sun and although they won't be out of the top 6, they still don't have the minerals to hit the top again.  Might be a decent tip for the CC.

Hull - Despite the 11 losses at the end of last season, many are forgetting the very limited number of games we had the same half back pairing and injuries to a lot of strike players.  If the injury fairy is more favourable this season Hull will do ok - Top 6 and I'll be happy as a few of the youngsters will hopefully get more game time in readiness for 2020 when a shed load of existing players are off contract.

Huddersfield?  I just don't know what to expect from them, all I do hope is that the soccer team does rubbish and more fans turn up to watch the Giants, who can play some really nice rugby at times.

I expect Salford and London to be in the doldrums although either are capable of putting in a surprise, but not too often.

The Noisy Neighbours have done a fair bit of recruiting and will cause a few upsets (watch out Wire!), but I don't think they have the pack to go all season and create enough oomph for them to push near the top.  They should be happy if they get 8th or 7th, but if they beat Hull FC, most of their fans will be happy!

So basically that's my view although probably I'll be proven wrong and some smart bottomed person (OF) will throw this retort in my face come October 2019!

P.S. OF was involved in a serious RTA whilst pedaling through a local park in the dead of night and has bruised his pride (and face), so I expect you lot to go easy on him if he posts more than his usual drivel!  ?

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

3 hours ago, Roy Boy said:

P.S. OF was involved in a serious RTA whilst pedaling through a local park in the dead of night and has bruised his pride (and face), so I expect you lot to go easy on him if he posts more than his usual drivel!  ?

No need for hysteria folks, had my lights on but they failed to pick up a large fallen branch across the path in front of me. The bike stopped, I didn't and face planted a yard or two further on.

I have a badly bruised cheekbone, a cut lip, loose tooth and a badly bruised wrist.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

11 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

No need for hysteria folks, had my lights on but they failed to pick up a large fallen branch across the path in front of me. The bike stopped, I didn't and face planted a yard or two further on.

I have a badly bruised cheekbone, a cut lip, loose tooth and a badly bruised wrist.

Sounds nasty but hopefully nothing too serious. 

7 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Sounds nasty but hopefully nothing too serious. 

Hopefully not, many thanks BB.

5 minutes ago, Eleftherios said:

It's no good for you that exercise malarkey OF :superman:

It's what I always thought.

24 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

Glad you're ok! 

Ithankyew.

:good:

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Was the branch ok? ? 

50 minutes ago, Red robin said:

Was the branch ok? ? 

As far as I know...thanks for your concern.

Hmmmph!

1 hour ago, snapski said:

I’m also glad you’re ok. 

Very good of you.

1 hour ago, Leeds Wire said:

Can someone do a poll? :unsure:

I'm not sure but I have this idea about a negative type of vote from SR100.

This is finally it , I think Warrington will win SL this year . In fact it will be the year of the W . Widnes will win the championship and Workington league one . Although the first two aren’t certainties 

I always get a bit confused about this question - is this after the regular season, ie which team is minor premier, or who wins the GF? 

I think there are 3 very strong sides and clubs - Wigan, Saints and Wire - who will between them win the 3 big prizes. I know Wigan are written off every year, but I have no fears going into 2019. We draw on the best juniors, have an injection of NRL savvy and techniques for the first time in nearly a decade and have recruited well. Hardaker is better than this version of Tomkins and Sammutt is better than Powell/Leuluai at 7. Bateman will be a big loss but if we are stronger at 7 then we shouldn’t be nearly as reliant on someone to create something out of nothing. 

It will be fascinating to see how good Wire can be now that Price has had 2 off seasons to work on them. 

Mad for the rest, a case can be made for Leeds, Cas, Catalans, Trinity and Hull FC for the 5th play off spot, in that order I think. 

Hard to separate  Huddersfield, Salford, HKR and London but if pushed I would put them in that order. 

Oh and I would like to add to the chorus of concern and relief that OF is ok. That sort of thing can shake you up for a while. 

2 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Oh and I would like to add to the chorus of concern and relief that OF is ok. That sort of thing can shake you up for a while. 

Obviously not for too long as he'll be in the Whalebone with us on Friday night! ?

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

On 1/2/2019 at 6:42 PM, Old Frightful said:

travel at a speed you can stop well within the distance you can see to be clear ? I hope you weren't wearing a helmet so everyone can tell you it saved you life.? I was going round a mini roundabout xmas morning and council hadn't gritted so as soon as I turned the handlebars wheels went from under me. Luckily just a bruised hip and scuffed Brooks saddle and gear shifters!

Glad you're mostly ok:good:, I hate cycling in Hull when I come back to visit the folks, bloody awful, both road surfaces and drivers!

helmet cartoon.JPG

• 5 months later...

Archived