Yorkshire Cup - not bothered?

Wakefield Ram

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Remember this is the R. L. we are talking about, so anything could happen.

Nope. The RFL have had nothing to do with organising this competition: that is a real plus point I reckon.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

From what I'm seeing on other sites, it looks like there's a "double header" at FEV next Saturday..............(FEV v Parkside and Halifax v Hunslet) with us playing at the BULLS on Saturday and Dogs v York on Sunday.............. My question then (which I've posted on Dogs forum) is how the "all games" ticket works..........Unless the games at FEV finish in time to then travel to Bradford for a 5-30pm kick off....... Why not another 2 double-headers again ???

3 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

From what I'm seeing on other sites, it looks like there's a "double header" at FEV next Saturday..............(FEV v Parkside and Halifax v Hunslet) with us playing at the BULLS on Saturday and Dogs v York on Sunday.............. My question then (which I've posted on Dogs forum) is how the "all games" ticket works..........Unless the games at FEV finish in time to then travel to Bradford for a 5-30pm kick off....... Why not another 2 double-headers again ???

Thought you were playing Sunday?.

So now we have had a couple of games to look at our squad .....  how do you think we should line up against the Bulls?

for me I would like to see us move towards what might be our line up for the start of the season ..... and to speculate on what I have seen so far...this is what I would like to see .... a mixture of nailed on starters and those who have shown promise!

Morton

Gabriel

Ryder

Leeming

Brown/Worrincy

Sykes

Brown

Sheriffe

Ward

Andrade

Walshaw

Garrett

Knowles

Thomas

Trout

Day

Hallas ( I don't think we have seen him  yet) 

1 hour ago, the old nine ole said:

So now we have had a couple of games to look at our squad .....  how do you think we should line up against the Bulls?

for me I would like to see us move towards what might be our line up for the start of the season ..... and to speculate on what I have seen so far...this is what I would like to see .... a mixture of nailed on starters and those who have shown promise!

Morton

Gabriel

Ryder

Leeming

Brown/Worrincy

Sykes

Brown

Sheriffe

Ward

Andrade

Walshaw

Garrett

Knowles

Thomas

Trout

Day 

Didn't see the Batley game so not as well placed as many of you but I'd go...

1.  Thomas (Morton is NOT a number 1)

2.  Morton

3.  Gabriel

4.  Ryder

5.  Worrincy

6.  Sykes

7.  Brown

8.  Sheriffe

9.  Day

10. Garratt

11. Andrade

12. Walshaw

13.  Knowles (Think he'd make a great 13)

14.  Ward

15.  Harrison

16.  Daniel I

17   Trout

4 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Morton

Gabriel

Ryder

Leeming

Brown/Worrincy

Sykes

Brown

Sheriffe

Ward

Andrade

Walshaw

Garrett

Knowles

Thomas

Trout

Day

Thomas full back dale to wing

Got to say I am not sure Toby Richardson will ever be a prop ... second row yes .. but propping is asking too much of him .. in my opinion! ....We have Sheriffe Andrade Nicholson Hallas ....  ... Garrett and Trout at a push! and that guy from Cas .. can't remember his name is it Rae?  ...  

51 minutes ago, the old nine ole said:

Got to say I am not sure Toby Richardson will ever be a prop ... second row yes .. but propping is asking too much of him .. in my opinion! ....We have Sheriffe Andrade Nicholson Hallas ....  ... Garrett and Trout at a push! and that guy from Cas .. can't remember his name is it Rae?  ...  

Forgot about Nicholson,not seen Harvey Hallas yet so can’t judge. But like I say I don’t envy Lee.

I see the Bulls have 2 games in 2 days .. us on Saturday and the Giants on Sunday .... I also read that Lee is going to rest some of the players that have already played 2 games  ...and Bradford are going to have to find 2 competitive teams over 2 days .... given such dilution of the squads .... what sort of game would be expected??

for us Morton, A Brown, Leeming, Sykes, Andrade, Walshaw , Ward , Garrett and Knowles have played in both games .... I can't see us winning if all 9 are rested ..... equally what will the Bulls do ... they have a 30 plus squad so will be able to find 2 teams ..... but will they prioritise??

I think I would want both teams to declare their squads 24 hours before the game  .... but I doubt if they will  

If players are being rested after completing in the two previous matches I will select from:

1 Morton

2 Worrincy

3 Gabriel

4 Ryder

5 Halliday

6 Thomas

7 Brown 

8 Sheriffe 

9 Day

10 Nicholson

11 Richardson

12 Johnson 

13 Mackay

14 Halmshaw 

15 Rae

16 Garrett

17 Martin

I would like to see Ryder and Halliday on the left as I think they could work well together, especially on a big pitch like Odsal.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived