Yorkshire Cup - not bothered?

Wakefield Ram

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

All the teams that were invited are taking part, except for Keighley.

Key word happens to be "invited" So I can't see how they can call it the Yorkshire cup when it's not the Yorkshire cup.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

3 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

All the Yorkshire sides that voted together are in , those that chose to vote with super league aren’t , you make your choices in life and have to live with the consequences

haaaaa, i see now,i did wonder so thanks for that heads up.:read:

Just now, graham fisher said:

Ok then,the Yorkshire invitation cup,is that better? Got a nice ring to it don’t you think ?

I don't actually care what it's called but calling it the Yorkshire Cup without allowing Yorkshire teams to take part in the competition is a little naughty IMO.

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

I don't actually care what it's called but calling it the Yorkshire Cup without allowing Yorkshire teams to take part in the competition is a little naughty IMO.

You know when you got invited to a party, didn't bring a bottle then ended the evening peeing all over the dinner table - did you ever wonder why you never got invited back?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

You know when you got invited to a party, didn't bring a bottle then ended the evening peeing all over the dinner table - did you ever wonder why you never got invited back?

They can do what they want but it's not the Yorkshire cup and isn't voting a democratic process and because someone votes against your belief should they be exempt entry.

20 minutes ago, Marauder said:

They can do what they want but it's not the Yorkshire cup and isn't voting a democratic process and because someone votes against your belief should they be exempt entry.

It’s the Yorkshire Cup no matter what you think. 

Demicracy dies not allow interference or being cajoled into voting a certain way. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

11 hours ago, Marauder said:

When clubs prove to be untrustworthy I fail to see how they can complain about being shunned. Sulk all you want the papers wll report it as the Yorkshire Cup.

(BTW Tubby is now complaining about being let down by Cas - maybe you lot can arrange a friendly with each other?)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

59 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

When clubs prove to be untrustworthy I fail to see how they can complain about being shunned. Sulk all you want the papers wll report it as the Yorkshire Cup.

(BTW Tubby is now complaining about being let down by Cas - maybe you lot can arrange a friendly with each other?)

"Untrustworthy" It was a vote, meaning a choice and because they decided differently why should they be excluded from a Yorkshire cup competition which wasn't even part of the vote, I think the words are "MARDY BUGGERS"

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

I support Hull FC  for my sins.

18 hours ago, Marauder said:

Maybe you should be chasing the US Baseball authorities to ask why the World series is so called when only US and Canadian Teams are involved..

Now that is stretching it a bit!!

3 minutes ago, NickD said:

Maybe you should be chasing the US Baseball authorities to ask why the World series is so called when only US and Canadian Teams are involved..

Now that is stretching it a bit!!

Just another divided within our game

33 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Just another divided within our game

Super league sides don't want any extra games , especially pre season , so I don't understand what you are getting at , if we arrange friendlies with a sl side they send there under 19s

IMG_0583.JPG

8 minutes ago, Batley Bob said:

Super league sides don't want any extra games , especially pre season , so I don't understand what you are getting at , if we arrange friendlies with a sl side they send there under 19s

I'm on about all Yorkshire teams except SL teams should have been involved, to eliminate a team because of the way they voted on a subject that isn't related is just discrimination. "MARDY TW @'S"

28 minutes ago, Marauder said:

They've played in the competition before.

That was the Yorkshire League, not the Yorkshire Cup.

HTH

31 minutes ago, Marauder said:

I'm on about all Yorkshire teams except SL teams should have been involved, to eliminate a team because of the way they voted on a subject that isn't related is just discrimination. "MARDY TW @'S"

It wasn't about how they voted, it was about how they said they would vote, then reneged.

Anyhow, the rest of us aren't too bothered, we will just enjoy ourselves with our friends. So can you.

5 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

That was the Yorkshire League, not the Yorkshire Cup.

HTH

OK - 

The RFL Yorkshire Cup is a rugby league county cup competition for teams in Yorkshire. Starting in 1905 the competition ran, with the exception of 1915 to 1918, until the 1992–93 season when it folded due to fixture congestion.

The competition was open to all senior member clubs of the Rugby Football League in Yorkshire and was normally played in the opening months of the season. On two occasions, 1918–19 and 1940–41 the competition was held towards the end of the season due the two world wars. During the Second World War the Lancashire Cup was not played for between 1941 and 1945 and several Lancashire clubs were admitted into the Yorkshire Cup competition 

4 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It wasn't about how they voted, it was about how they said they would vote, then reneged.

Anyhow, the rest of us aren't too bothered, we will just enjoy ourselves with our friends. So can you.

Still mardy.

31 minutes ago, Marauder said:

OK - 

The RFL Yorkshire Cup is a rugby league county cup competition for teams in Yorkshire. Starting in 1905 the competition ran, with the exception of 1915 to 1918, until the 1992–93 season when it folded due to fixture congestion.

The competition was open to all senior member clubs of the Rugby Football League in Yorkshire and was normally played in the opening months of the season. On two occasions, 1918–19 and 1940–41 the competition was held towards the end of the season due the two world wars. During the Second World War the Lancashire Cup was not played for between 1941 and 1945 and several Lancashire clubs were admitted into the Yorkshire Cup competition 

So how could it be called the Yorkshire cup if Lancashire sides were in ?

IMG_0583.JPG

Archived