Kids go free

NWDuk

Recent update...

"For all games next season kids go free with a paying adult. However, we just want to explain that a little better. A paying adult can bring any number of kids. A teacher can bring their class, a rugby coach can bring their team, a dance school can bring every child dancer. Barrow Raiders are determined to introduce the next generation of supporters and bring some atmosphere to the ground. We want The Matt Johnson Prestige Stadium to be the place to be every Sunday afternoon."

Yeah but why do you want 50 odd thousand views from people who have sold themselves out to facebook?!?!...

TMF says they'll all have their identities stolen.

The club will be much stronger when it realises it should market itself exclusively to the 12 people on this forum. Stick that in ya development plan!

NOBODYWILLEVENSEETHIS.PNG

3 minutes ago, rooster2003 said:

Murphy. He is embarrassing. Trying to prove a point as usual. Can't take any criticism. For a Director it's embarrasing

Another personal pop at me Rooster. Some man. 

I was trying to show how engaging this post was. It’s gone viral among rugby communities. We’re getting plaudits from fans and clubs alike from all clubs and leagues. 

It’s another indicator of how far the club has come in such a very short space of time 

Its a “only positive post”, I thought there were no negatives in it. Yet you managed to find one. 

Your kind of negativity is not what any club needs. 

Pete Murphy

Commercial Manager

Barrow Raiders RLFC

themurphstar@gmail.com

I posted here to prompt a bit of discussion rather than tired arguements about the clubs cracking PR neglecting those marginalised by our facebook society.

In my experience, things like this do work. Batley let holders of a Super League season tickets in for £5. Whilst the intention is to get fans from the local SL teams through the turnstiles, I know people that have made the trip over there for away games because they have one. They wouldn't have gone otherwise. If a couple do that it's £10 at the gate and a few pints at the bar. Rather than £0.

This is the same here I reckon. Hopefully it will have a long term impact. Only a small percentage of kids are going to end up being life long supporters, so you get as many in as possible and increase those chances.

Short term, I reckon this could be a big pull for families. It's likely making it affordable for a family with 2/3 kids to turn up every week. I know it wasn't particularly expensive previously for kids but it adds up. £34 rather than £49 for a family with 3 kids. I'd expect that to translate to an increase in the "opportunistic fans". Those that decide on bringing the family on the day just because the weathers good.

Steve, stop being so progressive with sensible and great ideas, we're not used to it. Good post NWDuk, I hope and think you're right. Murph, 52,000 views, wow. What is our capacity at CP?

2 hours ago, Campeze said:

Another personal pop at me Rooster. Some man. 

I was trying to show how engaging this post was. It’s gone viral among rugby communities. We’re getting plaudits from fans and clubs alike from all clubs and leagues. 

It’s another indicator of how far the club has come in such a very short space of time 

Its a “only positive post”, I thought there were no negatives in it. Yet you managed to find one. 

Your kind of negativity is not what any club needs. 

Gone viral. Well done (again) Not another personal post actually. Bit touchy (again) I stand by what I say. Let's see if we get 52,000 through the gate (paying) in April/May. 

14 minutes ago, rooster2003 said:

Gone viral. Well done (again) Not another personal post actually. Bit touchy (again) I stand by what I say. Let's see if we get 52,000 through the gate (paying) in April/May. 

You named him directly.... that suggests it's a personal comment.

I don't know any of the people involved with the clubs recent promotional work but I think they should all be absolutely complimented.

1000 views might only translate to one paying fan coming through the gates. But that's the case for 1000 views of a poster on Abbey Road or an article in the mail too. I imagine it's taking serious effort and a lot of time being voluntarily donated to get things moving.

Come back when you've made something to advertise the club and it's been seen by 50,000 people. Don't worry, we'll pat you on the back too.

22 minutes ago, rooster2003 said:

It helped to sell out  a boxing night, I love the forum, but can also see the value of using every type of publicity,

2 hours ago, TMF said:

46 minutes ago, alba said:

It helped to sell out  a boxing night, I love the forum, but can also see the value of using every type of publicity,

alba, i agree, there is no such thing as bad publicity. And the boxing night was a sell out. But here's a question. If it was possible to ask every fan who walked through the gate at CP, how many would say, it's because I saw you on social media? It doesn't work like that in Barrow. What does work are innovations like, let the kids in free, early bird season tickets, lower prices for friendlies, etc, etc.

Not to mention that the Barrow supporters don't need to be told by social media that they need to get down to CP to support their team, like any other RL supporter.

NWD, 50,000 views does not mean it's been seen by 50,000 people. Anyone could view the same subject 20 times a day. That's not 20 people.

1 hour ago, TMF said:

It doesn't work like that in Barrow. What does work are innovations like, let the kids in free, early bird season tickets, lower prices for friendlies, etc, etc.

What kind of nonsense is this? You need to publicise even the greatest of ideas. No point doing things if nobody knows about them. To think Barrow is any different to anywhere else or any other team is ridiculous. We're not some backwater that the modern world hasn't reached.

1 hour ago, TMF said:

Not to mention that the Barrow supporters don't need to be told by social media that they need to get down to CP to support their team, like any other RL supporter.

I admire your dedication. Unfortunately, there aren't currently enough of those supporters.

1 hour ago, TMF said:

NWD, 50,000 views does not mean it's been seen by 50,000 people. Anyone could view the same subject 20 times a day. That's not 20 people.

Those stats were measuring reach not views. That'll be a measure of the unique facebook profiles that have had some interaction to it. Unlike this forum which simply measures views and could have the problem you mention.

I was hoping for this to provoke a quality discussion about the new initiative like theres been elsewhere. Looks like we're just bogged down in  this non-issue again.

DUK. Nonsense? Well thanks for that slap in the face for all dedicated supporters. Who said Barrow is different? I know we don't have enough supporters. You having a laugh? Unique Facebook profile interactions? I think that may me the problem with your point. Nobody knows what you are talking about. But we understand what the board is trying to do.

26 minutes ago, tec said:

Like I said brilliant idea bit pathetic someone has to point score every time  .

Sorry tec, where did you say 'brilliant idea bit pathetic'?

I will nail my colours to the mast.

This idea is so good Coventry Bears will pinch it.

As a Barrow fan too I welcome every little initiative that MIGHT attract ONE new supporter. 

Spread the word to teachers, coaches, youth group leaders that here is a "free" activity for their kids to spend some time together in a different environment to their usual routine.

Next time you go to The Matt Johnson Prestige Stadium take a look around and try and guess the average age of the punters there..... then tell me we don't need a new generation of supporters. 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

4 hours ago, NWDuk said:

I don't know any of the people involved with the clubs recent promotional work but I think they should all be absolutely complimented.

1000 views might only translate to one paying fan coming through the gates. But that's the case for 1000 views of a poster on Abbey Road or an article in the mail too. I imagine it's taking serious effort and a lot of time being voluntarily donated to get things moving.

Come back when you've made something to advertise the club and it's been seen by 50,000 people. Don't worry, we'll pat you on the back too.

Zzzzz. Thanks for the offer but will come back when I want

On 12/30/2018 at 6:34 PM, NWDuk said:

It's gone quiet here. Hangovers are not good. But we're fine now aren't we? Duk, we all want the same, agreed? And I agree if 1000 views translate to one playing fan, great. Then you mention a poster on Abbey road, not to mention other posters around the town, not to mention the Evening Mail. I would posit that such advertising would reach five times, probably a lot more, than social media. How many vehicles travel up and down Abbey Road, every day, not to mention the rest of the town and let's not forget the NWEM.

What have you done to advertise the club that's been seen by 50,000 people? There's an old saying. ( I wouldn't ask anyone to do something I could not do myself'). Reply, prove and i'll give you a pat on the back too.

I can see why nobody uses this forum now.

Listen to yourself. You're arguing AGAINST publicity. There are always posters around town. There are always articles in the mail. However, recently, the online publicity and promotion has made a big impact. I don't know how many extra people that will translate to coming through the gates. Neither do you. However, I think we can both be certain its not a bad thing.

No, a poster on abbey road will not reach the same number of people. That one particular post reached over 80,000 people in less than a week. That's more than the entire population of the town. 

I've done virtually nothing to promote the club. I use my season ticket. I talk the club up if anyone asks me about it. I take the odd person to away days. Nothing more. All the more reason not to be taking shots at the people giving up significant time to move the club forward.

No Duk, not arguing against publicity. Everything helps. The online publicity and promotion has a made a big impact. OK. I hope you are right. I didn't know a particular post reached over 80, 000 people in less than a week. if so, i bow my head and agree, you are right. I'm not taking shots at people giving up significant time to move the club forward. If you look at my previous posts I think you will realise that. Nobody is a bigger supporter than me, you, and everybody else on this forum. I just hope that the 80,000 posts in less than a week is going to satisfy the RL?

Archived