NCL Premier 2019

Hunslet again in 2019 for me.Last I heard they haven't lost any players from last season even though that can change in a matter of weeks.Egremont will be up there as I believe there Barla tour lads are not signing Pro now and are hoping to tour Australia next year?Watch out for Thornhill as well as they have a good pack,experieced halves in Ratcliffe and Morley and a lot of pace in the backs.

If Hunslet Club Parkside haven't lost any players then they are the team everyone will be chasing again. To go the season unbeaten again is a big ask but maybe not beyond them, last season they were run close a few times but kept coming out on top, which shows their resolve as well as being an excellent side. I suppose to beat them a team needs to be on top of their game for 80 minutes and probably needs a bit of luck too. I hope it happens, not because of any dislike for HCP but to keep it interesting at the top for as long as possible. 

After HCP the chasing pack will probably consist of the teams that made up positions 2-6 last season - I haven't seen anything of Thornhill to comment, their order will probably down to who has the best luck with injuries etc.

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

4 hours ago, neutralfan said:

Thornhill are at Wath Brow on March 16th in Round 2 Cumbrian fanatic.Let me know what you think of them if you go to the game?There at EGREMONT on April 6th after that.

I've got a weekend away sorted 16th March, I'll catch them at Egremont though

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

We (Hunslet CP) had a good run out yesterday against York. Obviously their class showed and had us defending for large parts but 18-0 half time still felt a little harsh. Anyway, this experience in the Yorkshire Cup is being treated exactly as that for us - an experience that we’ll take things from for the upcoming season. York didn’t have their full strength side out and it’s fair to say neither did we, with Jamie Fields and Jamie Bradley (joint NCL player of the year winnners) both out and also playing a few debutants. 

As far as this season goes, I’ve said before our aim is to do it all again. Probably not unbeaten because like somebody else said you need a bit of luck in those close games and I think we got that a couple of times last season. For some of the lads this could be their last year, so we definitely have the drive to push on from last season’s achievements. My tip for who will be up there this season is Thornhill. Heard rumours a couple of their key players won’t be there but history tells me they will and if they are then for anyone who likes a dabble, 22/1 is a fair bet IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived