Which NRL team will you follow in 2019?

Souths for me but then I’ll also watch teams with English players and also if it will be a good game so storm Roosters and sometimes Warriors depending on which one turns up. Then there’s a few clubs that are a bit harder to watch like Titans Newcastle and Sharks although I expect the to be more watchable next year. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sharks for me as they have the song. :smile:Also have soft spots for Warriors,  Eels( always the best training gear) , Raiders (cold Canberra just like home) and Dragons (red v)

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Penrith Panthers.

Went in 2017 for a visit to the Academy and training ground with England Universities and were made so welcome, we played against their U18 "Jets" team and watched them beat Manly a few days later, they even sorted us a floodlit training area FOC when the NRL had "exhausted all options".

Before that I was NZ Warriors - ever the expansionist!

12 hours ago, Wollongong said:

When I was playing for Walnut Warriors in Wakefield in about 1984/5, my wife bought me a Cronulla shirt for training  (because she liked the colours)... so when we moved to Sydney in 2008 and she rented a house in “the shire” we became sharks for life .... 

and whatever life and football may throw... as long as they remain the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks I will be a diehard fan!!! 

Up up Cronulla !!!

We;d have played against each other a few times in the West Yorkshire Sunday League.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

4 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

The Storm is my team for various reasons. I have a soft spot for the Cowboys who have always looked after me and my wife when we have Visite Townsville. Also would be great to see the Warriors win a Grand Final. I think that would be massive for the NZ game.

Are you an ex player or connected with the Cowboys?

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

For both NRL and NFL i support the teams with the logo that i like best (as i have no real emotional connection to any of them)

That's New Zealand Warriors AND Buffalo Bills..........both are rubbish?

I'd like to see St George win it this year but i can't see past the Roosters again.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

6 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

When are the new stadiums in Paramatta and central Sydney due to be completed? 

Obviously the Eels but which other clubs will be playing out of them?

Watching NRL games on tv in that monstrosity Olympic Stadium is no good, it’s far too big. 

The new Parramatta Stadium (30,000 capacity) is nearly complete and due to open in April 2019 for a rugby league game.  The central Sydney stadium that I think you are referring to (Allianz Stadium) is closed, and I have read somewhere that demolition and reconstruction may be waiting for the State elections which are due in the first half of this new year. (The opposition Labor Party has threatened not to fund the new stadium). If it is not rebuilt it will be dire for the main tenants (Sydney Roosters rugby league and Sydney FC soccer) who use it as their home ground. The neighbouring Sydney Cricket Ground could be  a temporary venue for these two clubs, but with its large oval shape is not really suitable for viewing either sport over the long term..

Only Parramatta Eels rugby league team and Western Sydney Wanderers soccer team are expected to play out of the new Parramatta Stadium from what I have heard. The Wanderers have a chance of filling the stadium for the local derby with Sydney FC, but I cannot see the Eels filling it, except perhaps for games against the neighbouring Wests Tigers and Penrith Panthers, and then only if the Eels are performing better than in recent years.

don't we have to watch the meagre amount of fixtures dictated by sky for broadcast unlike when every match was on premier and you could properly follow a team?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

9 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

don't we have to watch the meagre amount of fixtures dictated by sky for broadcast unlike when every match was on premier and you could properly follow a team?

You can see every game live or delayed on Watchnrl.com or app.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 hours ago, Allora said:

Are you an ex player or connected with the Cowboys?

No mate. I have a good friend, Greg Shannon who works there on a volunteers basis. He is well known for his history work at Cowboys and Queensland RL. He also has done media work with Cowboys.

23 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Johnson is overrated for me. He has no leadership skills and his kicking game is poor. He has one good game in five. His Highlights look good but the money he gets he is over paid.   No idea why Cronulla went for him as they have Flanaghans son who offers far more waiting for his chance. 

Flanno isn’t a 6

I’ve followed souths now for about 10 years. The reason I started was a bit random but on the first rugby league live game for the Xbox 360, Rhys Wesser was the quickest player on the game so I always played with them and have followed them ever since. I’ve been out to Australia 3 times since and have watched I think 10 souths games over there plus when we played saints over here. I always watch there games on TV over here and follow what’s happening with them on all the NRL shows on the watch NRL app. 

Archived