Which NRL team will you follow in 2019?

11 hours ago, Marauder said:

We;d have played against each other a few times in the West Yorkshire Sunday League.

I played a handful of games for Duke of York as a 16 year old ... a season or so with Horbury Woolpack... then about 3 seasons at Castle ARL and ended up at ‘Nut until 1986... 

I came back in my  mid 30s to play for Derby City until bits of my body broke???

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Wollongong said:

I played a handful of games for Duke of York as a 16 year old ... a season or so with Horbury Woolpack... then about 3 seasons at Castle ARL and ended up at ‘Nut until 1986... 

I came back in my  mid 30s to play for Derby City until bits of my body broke???

Did you play in the Yorkshire Sunday Cup Final for Horbury V Moorends @ Kingsley dog track.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

10 hours ago, DavidM said:

Good spread of teams there . No mentions for ‘ no one likes us we don’t care ‘ Manly ! 

Seems odd given that Manly has a longer association with Brit players than most other clubs. Stevo, John Gray,Phil Lowe, Malcolm Reilly. Gray could have been the third Brit player to win an Oz GF if he hadn't been sent off the week before.

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

Seems odd given that Manly has a longer association with Brit players than most other clubs. Stevo, John Gray,Phil Lowe, Malcolm Reilly. Gray could have been the third Brit player to win an Oz GF if he hadn't been sent off the week before.

I think if we were in the 80s almost everyone’s team would be Manly or Parramatta. Show how much has changed as I don’t think anyone’s picked either. 

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

Stevo, aka Mike Stephenson, played for Penrith, as did Bill Ashurst if I recall correctly.

Tommy Bishop and Cliff Watson (recently deceased in Australia) played for Cronulla..

26 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

Stevo, aka Mike Stephenson, played for Penrith, as did Bill Ashurst if I recall correctly.

Tommy Bishop and Cliff Watson (recently deceased in Australia) played for Cronulla..

I always thought Stevo moved to Manly for his final year or two, Clearly I was wrong. I know he scored a try in his final Panthers game. (although he probably didn't realise at the time that it was his final game.)

56 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I think if we were in the 80s almost everyone’s team would be Manly or Parramatta. Show how much has changed as I don’t think anyone’s picked either. 

If this question had been asked a while ago I would have gone for Parramatta every time. The likes of Sterling, Kenny, Ella, Grothe and Price were legends and I would have loved to see them play together every week (all I got was the old Micron video highlights that I expect a lot remember on here).

When we got NRL live I expected to follow the Eels but it didn't happen as times had moved on and they were not the same club. I hope they come back to the fore.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

9 hours ago, bobbruce said:

Would have been Balmain for me back then.

North Queensland these days.

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

Sharkies (soft spot for the warriors)!

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

11 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Ive always enjoyed watching the  Broncos but I tend to be more interested in the teams with the English players now.

I read on here that a young English lad is on the fringes of the Broncos squad

Herbie Farnworth. He will probably play out most of 2019 with Norths Devils in the Intrust Super Cup but could be in for a call up to the Broncos if they need some outside back cover.

https://northsdevilsrlfc.com/player/herbie-farnworth/

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

He started going over to Australia to train and play when he was 14. Burleigh Bears originally and then Norths but he is also training with the Broncos.

On 1/2/2019 at 9:09 PM, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

When are the new stadiums in Paramatta and central Sydney due to be completed? 

Obviously the Eels but which other clubs will be playing out of them?

Watching NRL games on tv in that monstrosity Olympic Stadium is no good, it’s far too big. 

On 1/2/2019 at 3:58 AM, Manfred Mann said:

The new Parramatta Stadium (30,000 capacity) is nearly complete and due to open in April 2019 for a rugby league game.  The central Sydney stadium that I think you are referring to (Allianz Stadium) is closed, and I have read somewhere that demolition and reconstruction may be waiting for the State elections which are due in the first half of this new year. (The opposition Labor Party has threatened not to fund the new stadium). If it is not rebuilt it will be dire for the main tenants (Sydney Roosters rugby league and Sydney FC soccer) who use it as their home ground. The neighbouring Sydney Cricket Ground could be  a temporary venue for these two clubs, but with its large oval shape is not really suitable for viewing either sport over the long term..

Only Parramatta Eels rugby league team and Western Sydney Wanderers soccer team are expected to play out of the new Parramatta Stadium from what I have heard. The Wanderers have a chance of filling the stadium for the local derby with Sydney FC, but I cannot see the Eels filling it, except perhaps for games against the neighbouring Wests Tigers and Penrith Panthers, and then only if the Eels are performing better than in recent years.

Adding to Manfred's post, our state Government has already started removing seats and will start demolition after the Scg cricket test  currently being played. What happens if the Opposition Government wins the election is anyones guess but they will definitely have a problem on their hands with a half demolished stadium.

As for Parramatta Stadium, Wests Tigers have agreed to play 4 games there this year also. The hope is Bulldogs and Rabbitohs will take their games there as well while the Olympic Stadium gets redeveloped into a rectangular mode hopefully starting at the end of this year.

The Eels will go close if not selling out their Easter Monday games with the Tigers and the same with local derby rivals Bulldogs.

Archived