Travelling to Toulouse ... How?

I’m thinking of going to Toulouse vs Bulls on 6th July, a quick search suggests no obvious flights ... so just wondered if anyone can recommend best method of travel / travel routes? 

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

4 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Drive to Stansted then cheap Ryanair flight?

Ooh, didn’t think of Stanstead.  Ryanair flights only £69! Could be a good option, thanks.

EDIT: £132 for decent flight times, but may still work for a quick 24hr trip!!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

13 hours ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I’m thinking of going to Toulouse vs Bulls on 6th July, a quick search suggests no obvious flights ... so just wondered if anyone can recommend best method of travel / travel routes? 

An option is to fly to Carcassonne via Manchester which is closer for you.  A day there is more than enough.  The train from there is about 45 mins and by car just over an hour (or a bit more if you leave the peage alone).  I've just looked an its £85 pp return going 5th and return 8th.

You could rent a car for a couple of days at the airport, which isn't big.

Toulouse has some nice places but is a big city.  For a few days I would choose Carcassonne or even base in Narbonne.

I would fly Manchester to Carcassonne and hire a car via the Ryanair website (which always seems to be the cheapest and I hire down there around 6 times a year). If you don' want to hire a car a bus meets the flight at Carcassonne you could bus it into Carcassonne and stay a night there and then train to Toulouse and bus out to the ground. If its an afternoon KO you could get back to carcassonne the same night or even have a night in Toulouse.

I wouldn't go to Narbonne if you are there for a weekend as its roughly an hour the opposite way than Toulouse.

There is a great lake on the edge of Carcassonne for the Sunday, you can do the huge castle or take a canal ride or walk on the Canal Du Midi which runs through the centre of Carcassonne.

There are Liverpool to Toulouse flights  with Easyjet too

I did it Air France from Birmingham to Toulouse  via Charles DeGaulle ( BA do the same )less than £100  return. 

CDG is a bit of a nightmare depending on which gate you go through in Terminal 2. Outward it was a short walk but return was a bus ride But, it worked.

I worked it out that if all went to plan I would get to the ground with 10 minutes to spare.......of course it didn't. When I got to the ground I was greeted with " There is a 30 minute delay to kick off"

As I said " What? If I had known I could have had an extra half hour in bed!"?

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Out of interest, is that for 3 days MM?

Thursday to Sunday, room only actually came to £341 before baggage. Hotel room only and I should add that it is 2 adults 2 children. I didn't confirm but am booking in next few days. Flying from "up north" was expensive.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

2 hours ago, RS said:

I would fly Manchester to Carcassonne and hire a car via the Ryanair website (which always seems to be the cheapest and I hire down there around 6 times a year). If you don' want to hire a car a bus meets the flight at Carcassonne you could bus it into Carcassonne and stay a night there and then train to Toulouse and bus out to the ground. If its an afternoon KO you could get back to carcassonne the same night or even have a night in Toulouse.

I wouldn't go to Narbonne if you are there for a weekend as its roughly an hour the opposite way than Toulouse.

There is a great lake on the edge of Carcassonne for the Sunday, you can do the huge castle or take a canal ride or walk on the Canal Du Midi which runs through the centre of Carcassonne.

There are Liverpool to Toulouse flights  with Easyjet too

Agreed but Narbonne is worth half a day and so is Carca.  Its an easy drive.    

Might even be possible to drop into a game in Lezignan and see how the  U16 Coach is shaping!

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

Thursday to Sunday, room only actually came to £341 before baggage. Hotel room only and I should add that it is 2 adults 2 children. I didn't confirm but am booking in next few days. Flying from "up north" was expensive.

Should be good.  I hope its a good trip for you mate.

10 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

10 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Hopefully so. I'll put down details for others when booked. My 9 and 6 year old lad have never been to France so they'll be excited. Went to a Paris some 22 years ago :o

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Flybe Manchester > Toulouse Thursday night back Sunday.

But I'll be going for the Barrow game with EasyJet, Liverpool > Toulouse out on Thursday and back Sunday.

Plenty of cheap accommodation in Toulouse. Hotels & Airbnbs.

We paid about £70pp for return flights and then another £80pp for three nights accomodation

The flight cost based on cookies myth was debunked a long time ago. It makes no difference.

Flight costs vary wildly and they fluctuate as fare buckets are sold. Generally (and it's not always true), they start cheap, get expensive and then eventually get cheaper again.

The way to get cheap flights is to be flexible. On dates, airports, times etc. You want to be comparing as many options as possible. Both Skyscanner and ita.matrix are good for this. Make sure you select the option to include nearby airports on both ends and display results for the whole month.

Ive spent the last few years only going on holidays to places that can be flown to for less than £40 each way.

Archived