Obituary Thread

4 hours ago, Wiltshire Rhino said:

Peter Downsborough, goalkeeper from Halifax. The Yorkshireman is a total legend in Wiltshire due to his many great performances for Swindon Town. 

But he is best remembered for his Man of the Match, game winning performance, in the 1969 League Cup Final. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-49876319

I remember Peter Downsborough when he was at Swindon..

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Singer Jessye Norman.

Not quite to my taste in all the roles/songs she did but there's been a lot of beautiful music from her on the radio today.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

We are now down to 11 months per year.

I have just seen a 4-horse-drawn funeral cortege go past my flat, and they were burying June, but that is my birthday month, does that mean I won't get any older? Dam. I won't get to retirement now. I won't get anymore birthday presents ??

4 hours ago, Irish Saint said:

teenage depression one their best

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

17 hours ago, Trevorkfevfan said:

Indeed Mr F.  Superbly interpreted drumming but an odd human being to give it a gentle slant.

Ginger was anything but ‘gentle’ when I saw him in the late ‘70s at the Fforde Green pub in Leeds. He only played about 20 mins of his set before storming off stage, mad as hell because his drum kit kept moving about and his roadies had to keep coming on stage to try and secure it. Mind you he was giving it some stick.

RIP Ginge

Kim Shattuck lead singer and bassist with The Muffs and The Pandoras, she also stood in with The Pixies after Kim Deal departed.

No age really only 56, she suffered with ALS, a variant of Motor Neurone Disease.

Although her bands did mostly their own material they also did covers, this is a particularly good version.

Actor Stephen Moore, possibly best known as the voice of Marvin, the paranoid android. But he was in... pretty much everything else, too, from his first credit in 1959 to his final one in 2016.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 07/10/2019 at 19:43, Moose said:

Ginger was anything but ‘gentle’ when I saw him in the late ‘70s at the Fforde Green pub in Leeds. He only played about 20 mins of his set before storming off stage, mad as hell because his drum kit kept moving about and his roadies had to keep coming on stage to try and secure it. Mind you he was giving it some stick.

RIP Ginge

His studio stuff with Hawkwind on Levitation was very good indeed but my brother saw them on the subsequent tour and said he played as if he couldn't give a monkey's. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.