Obituary Thread

3 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Up there with Hitler, Stalin and Pol Pot when it comes to the murder of people who didn't commit a crime.

Could have been another Mandela, ends up on that list. The millions stashed overseas while his people starved won't buy him a legacy.

• Like 2

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

16 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Sandeep Singh Dhaliwal, the first Sikh Police officer to wear a turban on duty, shot in the back of the head during a routine traffic stop.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/sep/28/texas-police-turban-beard-killed-sikh

That's very sad.

When you get reports of trigger happy US cops, you can see why they're jumpy about every interaction with the public.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Deleted as it was last year

Edited by tim2

Keighley player Phil Stephenson. Motor neuron disease - an absolute horror of a condition.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Sad 4

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Peter Downsborough, goalkeeper from Halifax. The Yorkshireman is a total legend in Wiltshire due to his many great performances for Swindon Town. 

But he is best remembered for his Man of the Match, game winning performance, in the 1969 League Cup Final. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-49876319

• Sad 1
2014 Challenged Cup Winner