Obituary Thread

The brilliant Andy Gill of Gang of Four. It’s hard to think of many modern musicians who’ve influenced as many people as he did, and made such fantastic music. An incredible guitarist. 

• Sad 1

Former Kenyan president Daniel Arap Moi, a politician who started out well, then went a long way down the moral khazi.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

103, what an age! Mind you, I'm not surprised the Reaper hesitated so long before approaching. He'd probably watched 'The Vikings'.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 hours ago, Futtocks said:

103, what an age! Mind you, I'm not surprised the Reaper hesitated so long before approaching. He'd probably watched 'The Vikings'.

Kept on getting confused with all the folk saying "I'm Spartacus!".

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

8 minutes ago, ckn said:

Kept on getting confused with all the folk saying "I'm Spartacus!".

I'm Spartacus, and so's my wife, oh, wrong film.

One of the greats, My Dad met Kirk Douglas in c 1950 during his National Service, and he thought he was very humorous.

15 hours ago, RMBJ said:

Who is left from this 'Golden Age'?*

* I assume the Golden Age refers to the time when stars signed exclusively for studios?

Olivia de Havilland is still knocking about.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

16 hours ago, DavidM said:

Can’t beat “ my names Plenty O’Toole .... named after your father perhaps ? “ for bond quotes 

I’ll raise you

”oh I’ve got you all wet”

”Yesh....but my martini is still dry”

52 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

Caroline flack,aged 40.dont know the circumstances,but suicide apparantley,very sad

Death by trolling by the media and anonymous internet haters should be the coroner’s verdict. 

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"