Obituary Thread

1 hour ago, RidingPie said:

Just read the the author Clive Custler has passed away. 

I loved the Dirk Pitt novels when I was younger. His books were always fun. 

Never read any Cussler, but wasn't the movie 'Sahara' a Dirk Pitt adventure? I remember seeing that and thinking it was fun.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, RidingPie said:

Yes it was! Also marked undeservingly as was one of the most unsuccessful movies of all time. I enjoyed it though. 

It isn't a brilliant movie, but it is an energetic, likeable escapade and good Sunday matinee fodder.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

RIP James Lipton, into the final actors studio.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Jazz pianist McCoy Tyner.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Very sorry about Dave Rainford.

He came up and chatted to us when TRL auditioned for Eggheads, hoping to put a team in to publicise the 2013 World Cup. He said he was a big Salford fan but despite this ? he obviously did have a tremendous knowlege of the game. A very nice bloke.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On Saturday, March 07, 2020 at 00:14, Futtocks said:

Jazz pianist McCoy Tyner.

One of the best jazz pianists in my time.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Off to a funeral today. We all have to wear bright colours.

One of my favourite ever Viz Top Tips

Sombre and Sombrero, only two letters difference but a world apart at a funeral 

• Like 3

Michel Roux Snr.

Extremely influential in raising the standard of food in this country.

• Sad 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

17 hours ago, tim2 said:

Michel Roux Snr.

Extremely influential in raising the standard of food in this country.

I always enjoyed it he and his brother were doing a show together, as the cheerful bickering between the two was very entertaining.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

D5BA32A2-D6D6-471A-A132-2F0ABEE6B43C.jpeg.d0c3d5e67eecd931fd4ca6a7f48c718b.jpeg
Sorry to hear about the death of Roy Hudd at the age of 83.

He’s a bloke who brought a lot of laughs to thousands of people over a very long career on TV and radio, also writing books and a play or two.

Roy was in the fine tradition of old British comedy echoing the work of Max Miller and others. He was a fount of knowledge on the history of comedy.

Roy Hudd was talented and much loved, two great things to be remembered for.

Edited by Graham
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Can’t remember Roy Hudd not being on the radio! Sad news

Far more talented than often given credit for.

The Hudd Lines was always great.

• Like 4

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.