Obituary Thread

On 03/02/2020 at 06:40, EssexRL said:

The brilliant Andy Gill of Gang of Four. It’s hard to think of many modern musicians who’ve influenced as many people as he did, and made such fantastic music. An incredible guitarist. 

I missed this in February. 

I saw the Gang of Four live a couple of times. Cracking gigs. Andy Gill certainly had a distinctive style.

Fresh Goods.

• Like 1

The media are saying “suspected” coronavirus. It wasn’t suspected. He had it. Confirmed by other doctors but because testing isn’t happening in people who aren’t thought saveable then no official test

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Frank Myler, just announced on Radio 5.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ellis Marsalis, jazz pianist and father of Branford and Wynton.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

little and large remind me of ant and dec in many ways - 2 incredibly un funny double acts that should have been no where near prime time tv but non the less, traditional clean harmless entertainment for all the family to watch together so horses for courses.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 hours ago, DavidM said:

Very sad . They were huge when I was growing up . He totally carried that act , a funny guy

There problem was they were about when Cannon and Ball were popular. To me they were funnier. I still enjoyed them though. Is this the first notable English celeb death due to covid 19?

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52155227

Bill Withers.

Ain't no Sunshine Now He's Gone....

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Bill Withers is a sad loss, even if he'd had a good innings. I'm playing his 'Live at Carnegie Hall' album right now.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

27 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Honor Blackman 95

Sorry to see her go, but 95 is pretty good.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

28 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Honor Blackman 95

Not Coronovirus, for full clarity.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

34 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

A very attractive and intelligent woman.

Her chemistry with Sean Connery in Goldfinger was fundamental to that film's success.

Also a very good actress and that voice.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

Honor Blackman 95

Get it right , Pussy ' ? , a part she played at 38 , 5 years older than Sean , always had that glint in her eye 

Edited by GUBRATS

Peter Walker, Glamorgan stalwart who played for England.

Aged 84.

He used to sit next to us when he reported on rugby games at Pontypool Park in the close season.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Singer/ songwriter John Prine 73 sadly passes , a victim of coronavirus. Thank you for the music. Rest in Peace.

• Sad 1

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

1 hour ago, Irish Saint said:

Singer/ songwriter John Prine 73 sadly passes , a victim of coronavirus. Thank you for the music. Rest in Peace.

I am friendly with a bloke who loves the music of John Prine. Lent me a CD once. He's not the sort to be on the internet, retired and I don't have his phone number.  I suspect he won't know about this until the pubs re-open.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Ron Girvin, another or our own. For a long time he was a major figure in the organisation of amature rugby leage in the north west.

• Sad 1

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."