Obituary Thread

8 hours ago, Irish Saint said:

Singer/ songwriter John Prine 73 sadly passes , a victim of coronavirus. Thank you for the music. Rest in Peace.

Here's some talent.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52224660

Linda Tripp, Monica Lewinsky's "friend" who exposed the affair with Clinton. In deference to the "not speaking ill of the dead" rule, that's all I shall say.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Had she engaged in the same activity with my mate Dave from Ponty, nobody would have heard of her.

You could always use the time afforded by the lockdown to write to her, giving his contact details.

?

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Stirling Moss.

Strangely I was reading a book about the history of touring car racing yesterday and the foreward was by Murray Walker, a really nice bloke by the way, and I was thinking that he's reached a fair old age, then further into the book it mentioned Stirling Moss and I couldn't recall for definate whether he had passed away. That's that question answered unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Stirling Moss.

Sir Stirling Moss. I always remember the interview on Parkinson when he said he was stopped for speeding, and cop asked him, Who do you think you are, Stirling Moss? He relied, Actually, yes.

1 hour ago, Clogiron said:

Strangely I was reading a book about the history of touring car racing yesterday and the foreward was by Murray Walker, a really nice bloke by the way, and I was thinking that he's reached a fair old age, then further into the book it mentioned Stirling Moss and I couldn't recall for definate whether he had passed away. That's that question answered unfortunately.

He came close about 10 years ago, after a three-storey fall down a lift shaft.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Tim Brooke-Taylor after contracting Coronavirus. 

This is really sad; part of my childhood with I'm sorry, I'll read that again and The Goodies, then part of the rest of my life with I'm sorry, I haven't a Clue.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

This is really sad; part of my childhood with I'm sorry, I'll read that again and The Goodies, then part of the rest of my life with I'm sorry, I haven't a Clue.

One of those famous people for who you feel a genuine sense of loss at their passing. My heart just sank when I just saw this on Twitter. 

• Like 2

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

25 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

But think of the fun he'll be having catching up on events with Willie and Humph.

• Like 1

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Of the original Four Yorkshiremen, only Cleese remains.

• Sad 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

6 hours ago, Futtocks said:

I too am saddened by Tim Brooke-Taylor's passing.  Thanks, Futtocks, for mentioning I'm sorry, I'll read that again.  Yours is the first comment about his death that I have seen which does so.  It really was great radio comedy.

Altogether, after three..."My name is Angus Prune, and I always listen to I'm sorry I'll read that again, my name is Angus Prune and I never miss..." 

• Like 1

Jazz saxophonist Lee Konitz.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Very sad . Fine player in a  really top side and a great media personality as well . Bite yer legs and knock yer block off to ..!

When I watch the Prima Donna Divers that play today taunting a defender  - who is scared to try to tackle them in case they get sent off - by stepping over the ball a few times I fantasise that either Hunter, Harris or Smith (Tommy) materialise in front of them and dispatch them into row Z.  

• Like 5

I criticised the beeb and fired off an angry e-mail when don fox died and all they showed was the bloody kick. I was so angry.

Here I am, the manager of a great period in reds history.... a legend at leeds and all i can think about is a missed tackle in 73. 

brilliant to reminisce  but does any one really think that great leeds side would have won a single game in even the championship these days - fags n booze league finding its own levels at best.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile