Obituary Thread

Bob of the street cat named Bob fame aged 14.

Bob who James Bowen  thanks for turning his heroin addicted life around.

Run free at the rainbow bridge. 

• Sad 1

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

23 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

so in 84 when snooker was at its height willie was only 30?

Jesus...... thats frightening.....

In one sentence you've raised my anxiety on time.... and mortality.....

36 years........ ffs!!

Genuinely spooked..... in was 24.... and indestructible...... 

• Sad 1

Vera Lynn 103

• Sad 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Very sad . Boosted morale of civilian and serviceman alike , and the soldiers of the Far East , who sometimes felt they were out of sight out of mind , never forgot she went and showed that they weren’t . RIP

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Very sad . Boosted morale of civilian and serviceman alike , and the soldiers of the Far East , who sometimes felt they were out of sight out of mind , never forgot she went and showed that they weren’t . RIP

Plus she sued the BNP for their use of "The White Cliffs of Dover" on an anti-immigration album, which is another positive.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Plus she sued the BNP for their use of "The White Cliffs of Dover" on an anti-immigration album, which is another positive.

Somehow I can’t picture them them sitting around singing that ! 

Vera Lynn.  It is amazing that We'll Meet Again endured so well that it became an anthem for the lockdown just a few weeks ago in the way it became an anthem for WW2 all those decades ago.  I am glad she lived long enough to resonate with today's generation in the way she did with my parents' generation.  She seemed to have had a good and meaningful life.  May she rest in peace and her loved ones find comfort.

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

When asked would she go and entertain the troops, she asked to go somewhere else other than Europe as they had plenty of entertainment supplied. They suggested Burmah as they got absolutely nobody out there, so she agreed and off she went.

That is something that has stuck out, she didn't want the easy gig.

Edited by Padge
  • Like 1

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, M j M said:

Sorry, fat fingers on phone, meant to do ?, now fixed.

I am glad that is the case.

Spanish author Carlos Ruiz Zafón, aged 55.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Movie director Joel Schumacher.

Ralph Waldo Emerson