Obituary Thread

Rose Patterson aged 63, married to politician Owen Patterson for forty years. A powerful woman in her own right, she was the Chairperson of Aintree Racecourse. West Mercia police said the death was being treated as “unexplained” but it was not thought any third party was involved.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Singer Margarita Pracatan, who will mainly be remembered by fans of Clive James.

• Sad 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Very sad to report one of our own.... 

I can't for the life of me remember his TRL handle right now, sorry. ☹️

• Sad 3

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

7 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

It was Lounge Room Lizard but I think he was on even before that under a different name? Possibly RLDeutchsland or similar.

Either way, a sad loss. The last time I chatted with him, he seemed fairly optimistic but knew ultimately he was living on borrowed time. A brave guy. RIP 

Thank you for supplying the name. Indeed a sad loss. RIP 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

19 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

It was Lounge Room Lizard but I think he was on even before that under a different name? Possibly RLDeutchsland or similar.

Either way, a sad loss. The last time I chatted with him, he seemed fairly optimistic but knew ultimately he was living on borrowed time. A brave guy. RIP 

He effectively wrote his own Obituary here.

Check a couple of posts up from that one for the health bits.

• Thanks 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

3 hours ago, Johnoco said:

I think he was 'Simac' before Lounge Room Lizard.  Never met Simon, but his posts always led me to believe that he was a real nice lad.

RIP Simon. 

• Like 4

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

Only just caught up with this. Very sad to hear about Loungr Room Lizard. Only knew him on here, but he struck me as a bloke I'd like to chew the fat with over a beer and I cannot pay a higher compliment than that.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

27 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

Only just caught up with this. Very sad to hear about Loungr Room Lizard. Only knew him on here, but he struck me as a bloke I'd like to chew the fat with over a beer and I cannot pay a higher compliment than that.

I wholly agree, tonyXIII.

• Like 1

My Dad. Sadly left us this morning aged 74, after suffering a stroke yesterday evening. 

He wasn't really an RL fan, being a proud Welshman he loved his Rugby Union, plus football, having been brought up as a Wrexham fan. I did get him to a handful of games over the years, including a couple of visits to The Racecourse, both to watch Wales, and Fev v NW Crusaders a few years back. 

He lived most of his life in Ponte, having moved there shortly after I was born, given my mum was a Cas lass and had family locally. Weirdly, especially given I became a Fev fan rather than following Cas like my mum's family, he'd actually seen Fev at Wembley 10 years before I was born, due to a friendship in his student days with a Barrow fan. Strange how these things sometimes happen. 

• Sad 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

My Dad. Sadly left us this morning aged 74, after suffering a stroke yesterday evening. 

He wasn't really an RL fan, being a proud Welshman he loved his Rugby Union, plus football, having been brought up as a Wrexham fan. I did get him to a handful of games over the years, including a couple of visits to The Racecourse, both to watch Wales, and Fev v NW Crusaders a few years back. 

He lived most of his life in Ponte, having moved there shortly after I was born, given my mum was a Cas lass and had family locally. Weirdly, especially given I became a Fev fan rather than following Cas like my mum's family, he'd actually seen Fev at Wembley 10 years before I was born, due to a friendship in his student days with a Barrow fan. Strange how these things sometimes happen. 

Sorry Gaz. Hugs n stuff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Sorry to hear about that. Best wishes to you and yours.

• Like 3

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

5 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

So sorry to hear about that Gazza. Best wishes to you and your family.

• Like 1

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

2 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Sorry to hear Stay strong and celebrate the good times.

P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gazza77 said:

Terrible . They’re are no words . Remember what you had , be with family and laugh over the good times and stories . Humour is a good antidote ,  It helps a little,  but it hurts like hell  . Best wishes 

• Like 1

My thoughts are with you, gazza. Condolences and best wishes.

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Sorry to hear of your loss gazza, condolences to you and all your family and your fathers friends.

And the same sentiments for all who are affected by Lounge Room Lizard, sad loss.

• Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.