Obituary Thread

Not a Bond fan, but I find it hard to accept anyone but him as Bond.  Best Bond film by miles IMO is From Russia With Love, although the plot does creak a little now and then.   However, the best film I've seen Connery in is The First Great Train Robbery with Donald Sutherland.  The judge at his trial asks why he robbed the train "I wanted the money" was his cool reply!

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

On 01/11/2020 at 11:10, Trojan said:

Not a Bond fan, but I find it hard to accept anyone but him as Bond.  Best Bond film by miles IMO is From Russia With Love, although the plot does creak a little now and then.   However, the best film I've seen Connery in is The First Great Train Robbery with Donald Sutherland.  The judge at his trial asks why he robbed the train "I wanted the money" was his cool reply!

My personal favourite Connery films were The Man Who Wanted to be King, and Time Bandits, I know you will disagree, I like his Bond films, but that's not all he did. IMPO

3 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Never??? Wow.....

A very bright and funny man

A real shock.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

Only 67. He's been more than decent in Quanderhorn which has been about the only decent new comedy on Radio 4 in ages.

Very sad news. I doubt we'd ever have got on but he did always make me laugh, the talented so and so.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

He could come across on some things I watched as a bit pompous and over clever , stuff like QI doing the intellectual sparring stuff with Steven Fry , but he was a good impressionist and a really good actor with a good variety of roles 

When I was young and staying up late on Friday night to watch Whose Line is it Anyway Sessions was my favourite. And he seemed youngish 😔

Seeing him later on QI etc I wasn't as keen but I can't believe he's gone already.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

He could come across on some things I watched as a bit pompous and over clever , stuff like QI doing the intellectual sparring stuff with Steven Fry , but he was a good impressionist and a really good actor with a good variety of roles 

And got chinned by Roger Mellie the man on the telly.

67 is too young

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Leeds Wire said:

I have always enjoyed watching John Sessions, played some great parts and been very funny on panel shows.

• Like 2

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just been announced actor Jeffry Palmer 93

• Sad 3

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

8 minutes ago, Padge said:

Confirmed and spell-checked: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54838209 

A wonderful talent, who made me laugh so many times.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Wreckers of law and order.....etc

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Padge said:

One of the funniest character actors. I loved him in Reggie Perrin. I think he would've been great in One Foot in the Grave, his sense of humorous pathos in his own characters came across beautifully. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Confirmed and spell-checked: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-54838209 

A wonderful talent, who made me laugh so many times.

I can't help it, my brother is  Jeffrey, its my default spelling.