Obituary Thread

Very sad news about Rossi . That’s the first WC I remember , a really good tournament and that hattrick in one of the greatest WC games is legendary ,  I’ll never forget   it . That Brazil team had some of the best attacking talent , but there was some dodgy defending there ... I vividly recall the goal where they basically passed it to him and he smashed it in . 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Sad news, Nantucket Sleighride is still one of my favourite albums and something of an overlooked classic.

I really knew nothing about Mountain 'til I saw the 'Night of the Guitars' TV show, in which he did Theme for an Imaginary Western. Mind duly blown, I went looking, and ended up with Nantucket Sleighride as my first purchase. There's only Corky Laing left now.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Ullman said:

Sad news, Nantucket Sleighride is still one of my favourite albums and something of an overlooked classic.

Sad news indeed. I saw Mountain live at Sheffield uni in early (Feb?) 1972. Absolutely brilliant and their live version of Nantucket Sleighride is still one of my favourite tracks ever.

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.