Obituary Thread

Double post.

Edited by Old Frightful
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Ron "set it and forget it" Popeil, founder of Ronco, who made many convenience products, some of which actually worked.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 27/07/2021 at 22:06, metallithrax said:

Good drummer. Only like a couple of Slipknot songs but he played along side Metallica at some events. 

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

On 27/07/2021 at 14:07, DavidM said:

Very sad , I enjoyed watching him bowl as a kid . Nice action and very accurate . He induced so  many plays and misses

Couldn't bat, said he didn't see why bowlers had to bat!

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

11 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Good drummer. Only like a couple of Slipknot songs but he played along side Metallica at some events. 

Donington 2004, Joey Jordison and Dave Lombardo played most of the set when Lars Ulrich was in hospital.  An amazing show considering the way it had to be pulled together.

Also, Dusty Hill of ZZ Top

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58006978

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Candy Davis - Are u being served MND

I never made the connection between her and her pen name as the crime writer Mo Hayder 'til now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Candy Davis - Are u being served MND

the ultimate dream girl for every teenage boy of that era - damn that awful disease!

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

The 8th of the 12 people referenced in Half Man Half Biscuit's God gave us Life to pass away.

• Sad 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

I watched her on Wurzel Gummidge and Alf Garnett , there’s a contrast

I thought of her in Give Us A Clue, Sherlock and Summer Holiday.

All in all quite a wide ranging career

Rest in Peace Nanci thank you for all your concerts in Belfast  during those years when very few others included Belfast on their tours.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Very sad news about Nanci Griffith.

I love watching and listening to famous people on programmes like "Desert Island Discs" and hearing why they chose a particular song and what it means to them. Jim Bowen was on one of these types of programmes and he chose "From a distance" by Nanci.

He said that many people have covered this song but Nanci Griffith made love to it.

A lovely tribute.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Der Bomber 

Log-legs, long before Kieron Cunningham. For a short guy, he outjumped a lot of tall defenders.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comedian Sean Lock, aged 58.

• Sad 4

Ralph Waldo Emerson