Obituary Thread

4 hours ago, M j M said:

Austin Mitchell. Academic, MP, journalist, TV host.

As an addition, having this in your catalogue of achievements as an interviewer would be enough for almost anyone.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2021 at 15:43, M j M said:

Austin Mitchell. Academic, MP, journalist, TV host.

That is sad. I met him back in about 1975 when he gave the after-dinner speech at Langwith College on the occasion of the University of York's 10th anniversary. A charming man and an entertaining speaker.

RIP, Austin.

• Like 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

18 hours ago, tonyXIII said:

That is sad. I met him back in about 1975 when he gave the after-dinner speech at Langwith College on the occasion of the University of York's 10th anniversary. A charming man and an entertaining speaker.

RIP, Austin.

Absolutely. Thoroughly nice bloke

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

Absolutely solid as a rock, didn't need a 50 piece kit. Proper cool guy both in drumming style and sartorially. And he got married in Bradford!  RIP lad

I was chuckling at the news last night.

Just how much gear was Charlie shifting in the 70s that meant Keith Richards of all people had to have a word with him!🤣

• Haha 2

On 24/08/2021 at 17:51, Mumby Magic said:

This month is turning by not 2016 all over again. Wtf.

Never seen a year like it. Bowie and Rickman inside 4 days. 

On 25/08/2021 at 11:45, Robin Evans said:

I was chuckling at the news last night.

Just how much gear was Charlie shifting in the 70s that meant Keith Richards of all people had to have a word with him!🤣

The walking, talking miracle that is Keef. Docs have long since given up trying to work him out. His obituary has been sitting on the shelves for a good half century. Didn’t he fall from a coconut tree a few years back? 

20 minutes ago, DC77 said:

Never seen a year like it. Bowie and Rickman inside 4 days. 

The walking, talking miracle that is Keef. Docs have long since given up trying to work him out. His obituary has been sitting on the shelves for a good half century. Didn’t he fall from a coconut tree a few years back? 

He did indeed.

I saw a pic on Facebook of his daughters. The caption said somethinglike, "these are the daughters of Keith Richards, said to be worth $X million. When they die, Keith will inherit the lot"!🤣

• Haha 1

Grange Calveley, creator of 'Roobarb & Custard'. I heard a rumour earlier in the week, but now it has been confirmed.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson