Obituary Thread

Just now, hindle xiii said:

Former Widnes Vikings player Liam Walsh, 23.

https://widnesvikings.co.uk/a-tribute-to-liam-walsh/

23? Jesus wept.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 19/09/2021 at 14:17, Futtocks said:

22 hours ago, DavidM said:

No , it was only a couple of days ago i was reading about his illness . Thats really sad , he was brilliant and a big part of the shows success was the strength in depth of the cast . 

Went to see his one man show a few years back. Was a really enjoyable evening.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

• Sad 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 19/09/2021 at 19:21, hindle xiii said:

Tragic, 23 is no age at all.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Melvin van Peebles has sung his last baadasssss song. Not only a filmmaker, but a novelist, playwright, songwriter, actor, and the first black man to hold a seat on the New York Stock Exchange.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 hours ago, JohnM said:

Howard finally joins Marina.

Robert Fyfe: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58653653

but Pearls waiting for him as well- poor Howard

• Haha 4

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 hour ago, Mumby Magic said:

Futtocks are you said cos it's Alan Lancaster or sad that I beat you to it. 🙂🤔

Q55Bg2zipOT_JNWipScC_gioC3Qe2bI5ZGmEBgfG

• Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

George Frayne aka Country Rock maverick Commander Cody dead at 77: https://www.loudersound.com/news/george-frayne-aka-country-rock-maverick-commander-cody-dead-at-77 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tommy Kirk, former child star of Old Yeller, Swiss Family Roboinson and The Hardy Boys. Later a teen star in the likes of Catalina Caper, Village of the Giants and The Ghost in the Invisible Bikini.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Singer Barry Ryan, best known for his single Eloise, later covered by The Damned.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sadly, two in the space of a few days from the speedway world: Colin Pratt, 82 and Alan 'Big Al' Grahame, 67.

Earlier this year, Pratt - at various times a rider, a team manager, a promoter and an administrator - became the first inductee into the Speedway Hall of Fame.

Garry Vaux Illustrator @GarryVaux
I'm very sad to report that Rick Jones, aka Yoffy from Fingerbobs has passed away aged 84. I initially interviewed him for my book many years ago and we stayed in touch. He was a huge creative spirit, a talented musician and a lover of life. I shall miss him greatly

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Garry Vaux Illustrator @GarryVaux
I'm very sad to report that Rick Jones, aka Yoffy from Fingerbobs has passed away aged 84. I initially interviewed him for my book many years ago and we stayed in touch. He was a huge creative spirit, a talented musician and a lover of life. I shall miss him greatly

He appeared to be a genius to a younger me.

Edited by M j M