Obituary Thread

24 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Meatloaf

Read a book on his life while on holiday back in September , despite having one of the biggest selling records of all time he ended up having to tour constantly to pay the bills , certainly a larger than life character , so soon after Steinmann's death as well 

Even my dad loved the Bat out of hell album , told me about it when he returned from NZ back in 79 , it was already bought 

36 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Meatloaf

I hope he can see Paradise by the Dashboard Light and not a Bat out of Hell.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Meat Loaf, not Meatloaf, please.

I used to have a copy of the album by the Intergalactic Touring Band, which he sang on, among many other stars. Can't find it now, of course: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intergalactic_Touring_Band#List_of_performers 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Never really my cup of tea. I weren't that fond of Steinman's sound and arrangements. But a lot did and were entertained by him for decades.

His life story wasn't that straight forrad either

His death story might not be either.

Being reported that he was an anti-vaxxer.

Who was apparently ill with covid last week.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Never really my cup of tea. I weren't that fond of Steinman's sound and arrangements. But a lot did and were entertained by him for decades.

His life story wasn't that straight forrad either

Nor mine, this is my favourite Meat Loaf moment:

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

His death story might not be either.

Being reported that he was an anti-vaxxer.

Who was apparently ill with covid last week.

reported by who? he has had health problems for years - give the guy some respect and keep the covid stuff in the politics section 

• Like 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

reported by who?

Britain's most patriotic news channel

I would put any political comment in the political thread but a comment about how one of my favourite singers died was, I thought, appropriate on an obit thread.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Britain's most patriotic news channel

I would put any political comment in the political thread but a comment about how one of my favourite singers died was, I thought, appropriate on an obit thread.

well lets leave it for his immediate family  to informs us in their own good time - thats if they even want to that is - media/internet speculation should be outlawed 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Sometimes Twitter turns up a real gem - two departed and beloved entertainers together, and very much not in their familiar guises.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

reported by who? he has had health problems for years - give the guy some respect and keep the covid stuff in the politics section 

Indeed.

I posted about Frank Pritchard when he was on life support and suggested comments about him being an anti vaxxer weren't helpful at a very difficult time for him and his family and John Drake deleted my post.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

For this thread, it's irrelevant whether he was an anti vaxxer or not. Many vaccinated people have died of/with Covid but that doesn't prove anything. 

If you liked someone who has passed away, comment on here. If you didn't like them or possibly want to have a dig at their views; don't. Put it in the politics section.