Obituary Thread

Italian movie star Monica Vitti, aged 80.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Interesting name , I don't recall anybody else called Bamber ?

Full name Arthur Bamber Gascoigne. Still, an unusual middle name. Named after an ancestor: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bamber_Gascoyne_(the_elder) 

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Douglas Trumbull. If you don't know his name, you've probably seen his work: https://variety.com/2022/film/news/douglas-trumbull-dead-visual-effects-1235174814/ 

• Sad 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

After seeing this news yesterday, I dug out the "This is it" CD which includes most of the 3 albums released in the 70s. Couple of things caught my eye in the sleeve notes -

"Betty`s post-Miles escapades started in London in 1971. Here, with the guidance of T. Rex`s Marc Bolan, she was investigating which company to publish her increasing number of compositions with".

"In 1975, after recording two albums for Just Sunshine Records, Betty Davis signed to Island Records. In fact, Robert Palmer, a devotee of Betty`s music who soon became romantically entangled with her, suggested to Chris Blackwell that Island Records release her next album".

The CD blasts off with 1973 first album opening statement of intent, "If I`m in luck I might get picked up".

• Sad 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anyway, back on the actual subject of this thread, reports are coming out that veteran humourist  and journalist P.J.O'Rourke has died, aged 75.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Anyway, back on the actual subject of this thread, reports are coming out that veteran humourist  and journalist P.J.O'Rourke has died, aged 75.

sounds like a jockey

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

8 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Looks like it's confirmed.

Very sad news. I expect he would properly hate the kind words that are about to come his way from Beltway Democrats.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I think I might pass on love thy neighbour....

One I thought had died many years ago.

he was in many things - for the love of ada - corrie- heartbeat - dinnerladies- king ralph - keeping up appearances - juliet bravo - to name but a few - a very talented comic actor 

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile