Obituary Thread

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Had to check other sources when I heard. Absolutely stunned. RIP.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

Newcastle Thunder are tweeting their condolences to the friends and family of former Batley, Dewsbury, Doncaster and Gateshead wing Leon Williamson. He was 47.

"We were saddened to learn of the passing of former Thunder player Leon Williamson over the weekend. We will be paying our respects as part of our pre-match activity this evening [the Widnes match at Kingston Park]."

Batley tweeted: "We were shocked and deeply saddened to hear of the passing of former Bulldog wingman Leon Williamson. Our thoughts and prayers are with Leon's family and friends at this difficult time."

Dewsbury tweeted: "[We] are shocked and incredibly saddened to hear of the death of former player Leon Williamson aged 47. The club would like to offer its condolences to Leon’s family and friends at this incredibly difficult time."

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Sad 1

Pamela Rooke aka Jordan the punk fashion icon died today age 66,a familiar face with the sex pistols entourage worked in Vivienne Westwood's shop on the kings road, ended up being a veterinary nurse and will be playing by Maisie Williams in the pistols drama 

Putin's ultranationalist mouthpiece, Vladimir Zhirinovsky: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-61008292 

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

40 minutes ago, DavidM said:

My all time fave programme as a young sprog 

Completely passed me by when I was a kid, but seeing it in later years, I was thoroughly charmed by it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Speedway, football and darts commentator, presenter and writer Nigel Pearson. He was 52.

As a darts fan i’m shocked and saddened by this , he was on very recently