Obituary Thread

1 minute ago, johnh1 said:

Andy Goram, Ex Scottish international goalkeeper aged 58. I played cricket against him in 1983.

about 4 pages late with that one 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Oxo Family Dad (who obviously did other things as well), Michael Redfern.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/08/05/michael-redfern-dead-star-of-iconic-oxo-adverts-dies-aged-79-17136243/ 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Actor Clu Gulager (1928-2022). Rarely the star, more often seen in a noteworthy supporting role. 165 acting credits, and was working 'til 2019.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Actor Roger E. Mosley, who appeared in all eight seasons of the original Magnum P.I., has died aged 83.

He portrayed Theodore "T.C." Calvin, the helicopter pilot and friend of Tom Selleck's character.

Mosley died from injuries sustained in a car accident in Lynwood, Los Angeles last week.

Roger E. Mosley: Magnum P.I. actor dies aged 83 after car crash - BBC News

32 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Olivia Newton - John 73

Just picked that up all across social media.

RIP Olivia, a talented singer.

Edited by Padge
  • Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

9 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Thanks for posting that, Futtocks - very sad.

I see that two Catalans' players suffered close bereavements last week, yet still travelled and played at Trinity: one was Fouad Yaha's grandma, who apparently raised him as a child; the second was Cesar Rouge's grandad, whose death left his grandson "in all sorts of trouble during the week" according to Steve Mac.  In these circumstances, both players' contributions seem quite remarkable, but especially Yaha's hat trick of tries.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

Olivia Newton - John 73

This news has really shocked and upset me, a terrific singer and seemingly genuine all round nice person. The way she belted out "Hopelessly devoted to you" will always make it one of my fave songs, even if it is a bit of a girly number.

RIP Livvy.

• Like 2
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 06/08/2022 at 09:26, The Future is League said:

Everyone of an age that i know whatever their tastes in music all thought She had one of the best and purest voices of all time .

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

This news has really shocked and upset me, a terrific singer and seemingly genuine all round nice person. The way she belted out "Hopelessly devoted to you" will always make it one of my fave songs, even if it is a bit of a girly number.

RIP Livvy.

If only there had been, or is, more like her. Shed a tear during the BBC 1 Breakfast obit this morning.

• Like 1

Fashion designer Issey Miyake.

Soul Music legend Lamont Dozier.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Darryl Hunt, bass player for The Pogues, aged 72.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Darryl Hunt, bass player for The Pogues, aged 72.

An obituary for the Pogues and it's not....

...well, you know...

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Illustrator Raymond Briggs, aged 88.

• Sad 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Illustrator Raymond Briggs, aged 88.

I mentioned it on the TV thread, but if any fans of Raymond Briggs missed it, BBC2 did a nice 60-minute tribute this evening.

That was followed by Ethel and Ernest.

Both should be available on the iPlayer.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ralph Waldo Emerson