Obituary Thread

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

RIP JEFF BECK , probably had a lot to do with the early sound of Led Zeppelin as in the guitar vocal interplay , one repeating or echoing the other .Have got all of his early albums which are all worth a listen ,even the Beck Bogart and Appice album which didn`t go down well with the critics , but which i find a great listen .

Saw them live in Pompey , memorable , the sounds he could generate from a telecaster , mimicking a blackbird dawn chorus , Nadia too being on the same album ''You had it coming''.

Adolfo Kaminsky, Argentine-born photographer and forger who saved the lives of 14,000 Jews during the Holocaust.

https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/adolfo-kaminsky-french-resistance-forger-dies-at-97/ 

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 12/01/2023 at 10:57, Farmduck said:

First album I ever got was Yardbirds Greatest Hits. Jeff Beck was probably my first guitar hero.

Loved the stuff The Yardbirds did after Jeff Beck replaced Clapton.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Alan Rankin

Rankine the musician, not Rankin the academy award-winning sound editor.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

35 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Surprised I'm the first to write this. David Crosby 81 The Byrds.

There seems to be some confusion over whether this has been officially confirmed. Some news outlets seem to be holding back so far.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

There seems to be some confusion over whether this has been officially confirmed. Some news outlets seem to be holding back so far.

His wife seems to have confirmed it.

His wife, Jan Dance, told Variety he died "after a long illness" while surrounded by family.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-01-20/david-crosby-dies/101875276

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

His wife seems to have confirmed it.

Yes, it is being widely reported now. That's the era we live in - heroes and legends from all walks of life leaving us.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Surprised I'm the first to write this. David Crosby 81 The Byrds.

Thanks for highlighting this. 

It's very sad. He was very prolific recently, releasing many new CDs. 

I think his best song was "Everybody's been burned" from the Byrds Younger than Yesterday album. It always felt very poignant and moving. 

• Sad 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson