Obituary Thread

Pegi Young 66.

Young met future husband Neil Young in 1974 when she was working as a waitress at a diner near his ranch, a story he tells in the 1992 song "Unknown Legend". They married in August 1978 and had two children, Ben and Amber, in addition to her becoming stepmother to his first child, Zeke.] Both Ben and Zeke are diagnosed with cerebal palsy, and Amber with epilepsy [n July 2014, Neil filed for divorce in California.

So sad in the world of rock and roll I thought their marriage was so solid.

Edited by Irish Saint

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

5 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

For any fans of Curb your Enthusiasm - The Funk Man has passed away

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46741401

NSFW

• Haha 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

7 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Diane Oxberry BBC northwest. 

:O

That's very sudden, she was still working just before Christmas and she's not that old, just 51. :sad:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

10 hours ago, Griff9of13 said:

:O

That's very sudden, she was still working just before Christmas and she's not that old, just 51. :sad:

She was also involved in a part of 100 mile charity walk just before Christmas

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Caught the end of North West Tonight earlier, very moving tributes to Dianne Oxberry and Annabelle Tiffen struggling (and failing) to hold back the tears.

• Sad 1

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 hour ago, Niels said:

Emiliano Sano. Cardiff City Player.

Hope it's ok to post now. Still a little hope but it's not looking good.

Its so sad, a real tragedy.  He had everything to look forward to. Terrible for his parents and family too. 

I think by now a little hope may be an exaggeration.

So sad for all the others involved also. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niels said:

Its so sad, a real tragedy.  He had everything to look forward to. Terrible for his parents and family too. 

Yes, I've been following this online, and if they haven't yet been picked up in such a busy shipping channel, the chances of rescue have gone from slim to none.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Yes, I've been following this online, and if they haven't yet been picked up in such a busy shipping channel, the chances of rescue have gone from slim to none.

Me too. It's looking bleak now. He was clearly very well thought of in Nantes.

It's so sad to think that a decision to move clubs may have cost him his life. It reinforces how fragile life can be. Of course also we never know how many times we have escaped it. 

Very tragic. 

16 hours ago, Niels said:

Has the pilot even been named? Much like the Leicester helicopter tragedy I'm annoyed other lives are getting pushed to one side.

17 minutes ago, hindle xiii said:

Has the pilot even been named? Much like the Leicester helicopter tragedy I'm annoyed other lives are getting pushed to one side.

I haven’t seen but that could be because family haven’t been informed and/or don’t want it disclosed.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)