Jump to content

Obituary Thread


Recommended Posts


Kobe Bryant, apparently. 

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kobe Bryant, 41, his 13-year old daughter Gianna and 7 others killed in the fiery crash of his private helicopter in Calabasas, California.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do folk take helicopters? Deathtraps.

RIP

  • Like 3

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Why do folk take helicopters? Deathtraps.

It's a really good question. I would love to see some impartial statistics on them. Especially private/charter flights like this.

But the news is devastating. Simply awful.

  • Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Why do folk take helicopters? Deathtraps.

RIP

I don’t know if it’s just perception but I always say exactly the same thing . I would never get in one . Been on holiday when it’s been brought up and I just say no way 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I don’t know if it’s just perception but I always say exactly the same thing . I would never get in one . Been on holiday when it’s been brought up and I just say no way 

As we were flying low over the Nevada desert 16 years ago watching the tumbleweed scatter due to the downdraft and then over the edge into the grand canyon I was telling myself how great these virtual reality rides were , it was the only way I could cope with it ? , was amazing though 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My older sister, this afternoon in a car crash, we hadn’t spoken for over 20 years not even at our mom and dad’s funerals because we’re both pig headed buggers but the fault was mainly mine.

It’s too late now do anything about It now and it’s already been made clear to me I won’t be welcome at the funeral.

If you’re in a similar situation just pick up the phone and try to make contact. 

Edited by Phil
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

"Freedom without socialism is privilege and injustice, socialism without freedom is slavery and brutality" - Mikhail Bakunin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Phil said:

My older sister, this afternoon in a car crash, we hadn’t spoken for over 20 years not even at our mom and dad’s funerals because we’re both pig headed buggers but the fault was mainly mine.

It’s too late now do anything about It now and it’s already been made clear to me I won’t be welcome at the funeral.

If you’re in a similar situation just pick up the phone and try to make contact. 

Awful news. Just brings it home that it can happen to anyone, any time, no matter their age or health.

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bearman said:

I was glad of a lift in one to Bangor Hospital when I fell off Cwm Cneifion.

That'll be an Ambiwlans Awyr Cymru helicopter then, spelling very possibly certifed by Meri Huws the former Welsh Language Commissioner.

She wanted to get the name of my home village changed before her proposal was "effed" off by those ungrateful South Wales types who only speak English. The irony is that the village has a very popular junior school where all lessons are taught in Welsh.?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2430414/Varteg-Wales-renamed-Farteg-villagers-fear-make-butt-jokes.html

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Why do folk take helicopters? Deathtraps.

RIP

Bryant apparently used his constantly - it saved him an hour's commuting time each way. He's getting the full-bore presidential treatment from the media. Far more so than Trump would get. There'd be dancing in the Street in his case.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

That'll be an Ambiwlans Awyr Cymru helicopter then, spelling very possibly certifed by Meri Huws the former Welsh Language Commissioner.

She wanted to get the name of my home village changed before her proposal was "effed" off by those ungrateful South Wales types who only speak English. The irony is that the village has a very popular junior school where all lessons are taught in Welsh.?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2430414/Varteg-Wales-renamed-Farteg-villagers-fear-make-butt-jokes.html

'Fraid not, it was RAF Mountain Rescue out of Valley that winched me up.

I was on a Mountain Leadership course at JOAC Llanwrst at the time.

Edited by Bearman

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

Oh dear, a real gent. RIP
 

And Now....from Norwich, it’s the quiz of the week! 
 

Now that WAS Saturday Night TV. Then Starsky & Hutch, MOTD....happy days. 

Repetition of Now 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

And Now....from Norwich, it’s the quiz of the week! 

Hardwired into my brainbox is that line, along with Peter Fenn and his organ. ?

Nicholas Parsons was in Doctor Who n'all, fact fans.

  • Like 2

.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...