Obituary Thread

Actress Anne Heche, following what sounds like a really awful car crash.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

German film director Wolfgang Petersen. His filmography is not the biggest or overall the best, but he did direct the brilliant Das Boot. And Das Boot is one of the greatest war movies ever made.

His next film after that was the children's favourite The Never-Ending Story, followed by sci-fi cult favourite Enemy mine. Weirdly versatile.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Sad 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

my mum, aged 82. Proud Leigh supporter, season ticket holder for god only knows how many years, the woman that took me to my first match and made me a knitted scarf for the event( Leigh versus Australia). She also founded and became chair-woman of the ladies branch of the Leigh board in the late 60's?. I have a fabulous photo of her holding the challenge cup in 1971 with a wonderful smile on her face. She was also a non contributor on this forum, a lurker if you will, under the name of anne moores, because, well, thats her name. I will miss her, goodnight mum.x

• Like 11

13 minutes ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

my mum, aged 82. Proud Leigh supporter, season ticket holder for god only knows how many years, the woman that took me to my first match and made me a knitted scarf for the event( Leigh versus Australia). She also founded and became chair-woman of the ladies branch of the Leigh board in the late 60's?. I have a fabulous photo of her holding the challenge cup in 1971 with a wonderful smile on her face. She was also a non contributor on this forum, a lurker if you will, under the name of anne moores, because, well, thats her name. I will miss her, goodnight mum.x

Sorry to hear that. Every game you attend she will be there in spirit with you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

RIP

She sounds wonderful JD, thoughts with you and your family.

• Thanks 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

3 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

A beautiful memorial.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

17 hours ago, JDINTHEHIZZOUSE said:

sorry to hear your sad news mate - sounds like a wonderful woman who lived a great life 

• Like 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Vincent Gil, aged 83. Think of him when you look at the night sky, for he was the Night Rider! The Toecutter knows his name!

vnice_gil_stone_mad_max_2.jpg 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Shadow said:

The eighth (and hopefully last) Soviet leader. Under-appreciated by his own people, due to being relentlessly smeared and demonised by the kind of people who have turned Russia into what it is today.

• Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

12 hours ago, Futtocks said:

The eighth (and hopefully last) Soviet leader. Under-appreciated by his own people, due to being relentlessly smeared and demonised by the kind of people who have turned Russia into what it is today.

Who are that evil it wouldn’t surprise me if they’d still see him off at 91 if he dare criticise ( not that I’m saying that happened ) 

Broadcaster Bill Turnbull, just announced on Radio 4.

• Sad 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

😢 bloody cancer 

I really liked Bill

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

17 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

He was forever in the local paper near where I used to live. Seemed to be a genuinely nice bloke and always doing things in a positive way for the community. (Most of the things were very far from the usual celeb stands in front of something stuff.)

Saw him act as presenter at the Hastings International Piano Concerto final after his diagnosis. He really did not look well but he had an ability to get a whole audience on his side.

Very sad to hear he's died.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)