Obituary Thread

Ricou Browning. He wore the rubber suit in 'The Creature from the Black Lagoon', he directed the scummy martial arts exploitation flick 'The Amazing Mr No Legs' and also worked on 'Caddyshack', 'Flipper' and 'Thunderball'.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/ricou-browning-dead-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-1235337925 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pulp bassist, Steve Mackey aged 56.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

28 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Pulp bassist, Steve Mackey aged 56.

Another shock!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

our much loved and popular local postman "john" 58 never drank - never smoked - walked miles in his job -was ok 6 months ago till the c word came to get him ! wheres the logic?

• Sad 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Bert I.Gordon, maker of monster movies, aged 100. Raising a glass to the original Notorious B.I.G.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/08/movies/bert-gordon-dead.html

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chaim Topol, aged 87. 

• Sad 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sylvia Syms, 89, starred in Ice Cold in Alex and dozens more British films.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Jam Eater  1.(noun. jam eeter) A Resident of Whitehaven or Workington. Offensive.  It is now a term of abuse that both towns of West Cumbria use for each other especially at Workington/Whitehaven rugby league derby matches.

St Albans Centurions Website 

On 06/03/2023 at 17:48, graveyard johnny said:

our much loved and popular local postman "john" 58 never drank - never smoked - walked miles in his job -was ok 6 months ago till the c word came to get him ! wheres the logic?

Obviously I don’t know the guy but I’ve known similar situations. It really stinks 

• Like 1

Mik Critchlow, photographer.

You will probably have seen his work at some point, even if you don't know the name.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

Obviously I don’t know the guy but I’ve known similar situations. It really stinks 

It can be something as basic and impersonally cruel as a genetic predisposition.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

16 hours ago, Futtocks said:

It can be something as basic and impersonally cruel as a genetic predisposition.

Yeah absolutely. I knew one guy who was fit as a fiddle, non drinker etc who was diagnosed with a brain tumour and given 3 months to live. He said he wished he had been more like Ozzy Osbourne or Lemmy!!

It's ridiculously random and unfair. 

Jerry Samuels, who as “Napoleon XIV” wrote and recorded They’re Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!

https://bestclassicbands.com/jerry-samuels-obituary-napoleon-xiv-3-10-23/

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Cartoonist Bill Tidy. :kolobok_sad:

• Sad 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

The Cartoonist Bill Tidy. :kolobok_sad:

He illustrated much of my youth and never failed to raise a smile.

• Like 2

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

3 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

He illustrated much of my youth and never failed to raise a smile.

The company my mum founded still uses one of his wonderful cartoons as part of their branding. Plus I grew up on The Cloggies and The Fosdyke Saga.

Bill Tidy, Honeysett, McLachlan, Larry, Giles, Quentin Blake, Rowland Emmett, Ronald Searle, etc. - cartoonists loom large in the visual memory annexe of my upbringing.

• Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

27 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The company my mum founded still uses one of his wonderful cartoons as part of their branding. Plus I grew up on The Cloggies and The Fosdyke Saga.

Bill Tidy, Honeysett, McLachlan, Larry, Giles, Quentin Blake, Rowland Emmett, Ronald Searle, etc. - cartoonists loom large in the visual memory annexe of my upbringing.

A great British tradition going back centuries 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

and don't forget Willie Rushton, you must surely have in the memory bank.

Edited by Padge
  • Like 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.