Obituary Thread

18 hours ago, Futtocks said:

If it's the stress of caring that has made John say some crassly questionable things over the last couple of years, then I'm embarrassed by my criticism at the time. If.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Paul Cattermole from S Club Seven, just as the group were about to start a reunion tour. Only 46 years old!

https://news.sky.com/story/s-club-7s-paul-cattermole-dies-aged-46-12851988 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Paul Cattermole from S Club Seven, just as the group were about to start a reunion tour. Only 46 years old!

https://news.sky.com/story/s-club-7s-paul-cattermole-dies-aged-46-12851988 

Very sad news.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Michael Lerner, aged 81, an actor who turned up in all sorts of things - Barton Fink, The Odd Couple, The Postman always rings twice and Elf. His face is probably more recognisable to most than his name.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fashion designer Mary Quant, according to Radio 4 just now.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

A couple that we seem to have missed (a search doesn't bring up anything on this thread, anyway).

Ralph Waldo Emerson

55 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

dame edna - barry humphries 89

reported on a down under news internet thing - he could still be going though

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

20 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

reported on a down under news internet thing - he could still be going though

From one hour ago, the BBC report he's in hospital but alive: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65320731 

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 19/04/2023 at 17:18, graveyard johnny said:

dame edna - barry humphries 89

Sadly now appears to be confirmed.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

30 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Sadly now appears to be confirmed.

https://www.smh.com.au/culture/celebrity/australian-comedy-great-barry-humphries-dies-aged-89-20230421-p5d286.html 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 minutes ago, Martyn Sadler said:

A comedy genius.

I was at a girlfriend’s house a lot of years ago and Dame Edna was on the telly, being as vulgar as usual. My gf’s mum suddenly came out with “isn’t she dreadful”…I sat there not quite sure what to say as it appeared she had no idea it was a Barry Humphries’ character.

A genius indeed,

RIP Dame Edna…

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)