Predict. Who finishes where in CHAMPIONSHIP?

First match up at the LSV is v Toulouse, I expect a home victory, good vibes coming out of the club with mostly local lads in the roster who have a want and desire to perform for their home town, irrespective of how the season pans out as long as there is commitment to witness from the terraces, this fan will be much happier than seeing that bunch of mercenaries who last season who pocketed good money for very little effort.

I honestly think we may just well surprise some teams and 'experts' on this site this coming season.

• 5 weeks later...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/5/2019 at 3:36 PM, Harry Stottle said:

First match up at the LSV is v Toulouse, I expect a home victory, good vibes coming out of the club with mostly local lads in the roster who have a want and desire to perform for their home town, irrespective of how the season pans out as long as there is commitment to witness from the terraces, this fan will be much happier than seeing that bunch of mercenaries who last season who pocketed good money for very little effort.

I honestly think we may just well surprise some teams and 'experts' on this site this coming season.

As Kryton said in Red Dwarf "Smug Mode" 

And what I said about the player's having a want and desire to perform for the team was  no more evident than today, they completly out enthused Toulouse and therefore outplayed them in all departments, I for one hope that the momentum continues.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

As Kryton said in Red Dwarf "Smug Mode" 

And what I said about the player's having a want and desire to perform for the team was  no more evident than today, they completly out enthused Toulouse and therefore outplayed them in all departments, I for one hope that the momentum continues.

Leigh is on the rebound.  LEIGH is BACK!  ON THE ATTACK!  LOOKING FOR THE PACK?

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

One game at a time my friend, some expierience there but a relatively young team I hope we can keep building in rediness to tame the Howlers!

A lot is going to depend on you staying injury free unless you get a bigger squad

But congratulations on a great result today!

On 1/4/2019 at 12:30 AM, Bleep1673 said:

PS, I am sorry for this information, but I hate the Pigeons even more than the City Pinks. They are the one club I would be happy to see slide into a barrel of Suffolk poo.

Conficius says: "A lion may be the king of the jungle, but a pigeon can sh*t on him with impugnity"

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

35 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Conficius says: "A lion may be the king of the jungle, but a pigeon can sh*t on him with impugnity"

On Chinese New Years Day, I am not going to be drawn into an argument about Confucius.

Xīn
nián
kuài

14 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

On Chinese New Years Day, I am not going to be drawn into an argument about Confucius.

Xīn
nián
kuài

"Year of the pigeon"

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Can't see Fev finishing in the honours, not if they continue to be victim to appalling refereeing decisions like the Bulls' second try on Sunday.  And it's no good saying win some lose some, because in my experience Fev are usually on the wrong end of these 'mistakes.'

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

9 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Can't see Fev finishing in the honours, not if they continue to be victim to appalling refereeing decisions like the Bulls' second try on Sunday.  And it's no good saying win some lose some, because in my experience Fev are usually on the wrong end of these 'mistakes.'

Garbage

2 hours ago, Trojan said:

Just a few more, or better, Rhinos and I'm sure Fev will be right up there. It really hurt that a Rhinos player scored against us. Good job the referee saw the injustice of it all. 

5 minutes ago, Bullistic said:

Just a few more, or better, Rhinos and I'm sure Fev will be right up there. It really hurt that a Rhinos player scored against us. Good job the referee saw the injustice of it all. 

What and gave you the second try.  What a bloody joke that was.  I don't like DR any more than you do.  But it didn't stop the Bulls using it last season.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

11 minutes ago, Trojan said:

What and gave you the second try.  What a bloody joke that was.  I don't like DR any more than you do.  But it didn't stop the Bulls using it last season.

Could you remind me who the Bulls took on DR. I know they took several players on loan and Lilley is on loan this year.......from the Rhino's. 

You might be right but for the life of me I can't remember who it could be. 

22 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Bulls didn't use Dual Reg last year. We used it in 2017 when we had a month to form a team.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

With thanks to The Phantom Horseman's post on the Fev forum:

"We got an absolutely massive call at 16-10 down on Sunday. Fifth tackle about 40m out, a bit of grappling either way, Brad Day grabs the Bradford player's shirt, there's a bit of a tangle, the ref gives us the penalty, Day is falling about laughing and we score the equalising try a couple of tackles later. Was this, then, an absolutely clear example of the corrupt RFL being massively biased against Bradford at a crucial stage of the game?"

43 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

With thanks to The Phantom Horseman's post on the Fev forum:

"We got an absolutely massive call at 16-10 down on Sunday. Fifth tackle about 40m out, a bit of grappling either way, Brad Day grabs the Bradford player's shirt, there's a bit of a tangle, the ref gives us the penalty, Day is falling about laughing and we score the equalising try a couple of tackles later. Was this, then, an absolutely clear example of the corrupt RFL being massively biased against Bradford at a crucial stage of the game?"

They all do that, Bradford were at it too.  The try was so blatantly a knock on and the ref didn't even question the touch judges.

Clement Attlee.

16 minutes ago, Trojan said:

They all do that, Bradford were at it too.  The try was so blatantly a knock on and the ref didn't even question the touch judges.

Over the 50 plus years I've been watching I've seen hundreds of wrong calls. There's even been cases of referees actually admitting they were wrong and then being stood down. 

I've no doubt that refs do even things up where they realise they made a costly mistake. Have you ever seen a match where the referee got everything completely right. 

Big mistakes are even worse on TV. Ashley Kline.... Magic weekend.... Bulls v Leeds

You can't really use it in our division though.

Firstly you'd need to pay another ref, and secondly there is generally only one camera, so the odds on any given incident being covered adequately are going to be pretty small. Added to the extra cost of the technology to actually do replays being in place at all grounds.

As for the 'incident' at Odsal, the ref didn't consult the touchies as it occurred under his nose. Did he touch it down? I dunno, but the ref was much nearer than me.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Archived