Catalans refuse to pay Challenge Cup deposit

The reigning Challenge Cup holders, Catalans Dragons, could not participate the competition after asking the RFL to reconsider their demands for a €550,000 deposit to play. Les Dracs have reportedly followed in the footsteps of Toronto Wolfpack and Toulouse Olympique and refused to pay the bond demanded of non-English clubs to feature in the illustrious competition. The RFL asked all three…

The post Catalans refuse to pay Challenge Cup deposit appeared first on Total Rugby League.

View the full article

Total Rugby League
www.totalrl.com

That would make us a laughing stock again - the reigning cup holders not taking part!

Whilst I am not in favour of our expansion projects overseas, I am a firm believer in fair play. We invite these teams into our competition, and should do so, without any strings attached!

What are they doing apart from making rugby league a laughing stock . They changed the rules last season with 4 matches to go in the Championship and League 1 . and had to extend the season by one week to accommodate the stupid idea , players had booked holidays thinking the season would have finished. And now this , what idiots are running this game ,or should I say ruining it . Eddie Hearn in a interview said the RFL should sell itself better after watching the Challenge Cup Final , saying its a great sport to watch , I think the people that's running it now ,should invite him to a meeting to  get ideas from him how to run a professional sport ,look what he as done for boxing and Barry Hearn as done for darts .The RFL wanted to expand the game globally   ,so we now have Catalan Toronto and Toulouse  , AND NOW YOU WANT RETRICTIONS PUT ON THEM , Total joke , Catalan was a breath of fresh air winning the Challenge Cup . when you let these teams into the league ,you must have thought ,what will the attendances be when they play away . the crowd was always going to be lower at Wembley  But that is no excuse to expect them to pay an entry fee to make up the loss of gate receipts . This is totally wrong . really feel for these clubs to find out now that the RFL IS RUN BY IDIOTS

Archived