Southward Memorial Predictions

Cl1998

It’s yhat time of year again both teams to be fair have strengthened with the likes of Tickle/Mellor and Litherland that we know of so far. Brett/Bulman and McGeoff for them along with the other members of both teams. 

Can see both comfortably finishing in the top 6.

Town 24-10 Haven

Olstrum MOTM

Taylor MOTM

1,208 ATT

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a pre season game so could be anything really, I'd imagine it will be close with either team winning by less than 10 points. With home advantage and having a season under our belts with Leon I think we will sneak it though.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1st hit outs tend to be very scrappy. Alot of dropped ball, alot of errors and alot of penalties. Last year showed that discipline is essential. Haven look very strong on paper. As we do ourselves. I'd like to thinknhome advantage will count. Town 22 - 16 Haven

6 hours ago, Town Army said:

Can only see a Haven win unfortunately.

Some of our lads only started training last week. 

My thoughts as well it's too early for us, why couldn't this have been played in early Feb like last year we have 4 weeks without a game ?

7 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

My thoughts as well it's too early for us, why couldn't this have been played in early Feb like last year we have 4 weeks without a game ?

Surely out of the two teams we should be the better prepared. The vast majority of last season's squad is still together under the same coach, Haven on the other hand have had a bigger turnover of personnel and have a whole new coaching set up.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

11 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

This is gonna be an issue this year . Downtime between games . Which is rubbish really . You wait all preseason for rugby , at least in the season it should be a given that you’re playing every week . 

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

They’re trialling two refs with Crashley and Griffiths ...

Oh no, I hope thats a joke! I wonder if Griffiths will get a look in as there is usually only one star of the show in Tims world....

1 minute ago, The Voodooguru said:

Oh no, I hope thats a joke! I wonder if Griffiths will get a look in as there is usually only one star of the show in Tims world....

Ha yes . Just a nightmare I had once 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Ha yes . Just a nightmare I had once 

Stop writing things like that, even as a joke. Its simply not funny......the thought of 2 useless muppets trying to guess what has happened.

13 minutes ago, dkw said:

Stop writing things like that, even as a joke. Its simply not funny......the thought of 2 useless muppets trying to guess what has happened.

You are of course right ! Breathe again ... We’ll get ‘em again though. And that’s one of the factors you can’t take into account in a season but as we know it plays a big part in determining what happens to you 

3 hours ago, Brookie said:

Maudling propping? Wilkes to start 

Wilkes has just started training so was allowing him a few training sessions before game ,maudling has played prop many a time .....there will be plenty of rotation so dosen't realy matter .

16 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Can't get over the amount that have Miller on the wing. Massive waste when he was our best centre Last year and looked excellent in that position

Travesty for me if he is . More involvement he has the better .Best centre and was one of our top three players I’d say . Total quality . Just please him and Karl calm and stay on the pitch . We need no bans or injuries !!

Archived