Southward Memorial Predictions

Cl1998

18 minutes ago, silverfox said:

I agree with most that's been said up to now . but one thing I would like to see different from last season ,is we take the points that's on offer , 18 0 in front,( 3 scores ).we get a penalty and run it ,, that easy kick would make all the difference ( 4 scores ) in front . the opposition more demoralised . After Whitehaven scored ,for 25 min of the 2nd half they had most of the ball ( with the help of some of the refs decisions ) we had a lot of goal line defending to do .Points make prizes .Having said all that I hope that a lot of those people who watched todays match will have enjoyed it .and get down this season . Great entertainment . Bet Danny Tickle was shocked at how competitive it was .UTT .

Couldn't agree more marra, 18-0 straight forward penalty and they were gone, I bet they would have taken it. 

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, townie88 said:

Wasn't announced. But I'd guess around 1350

The pop side was well attended and the stand and enclosures were too.......if their was less than two thousand I'm a dutchman..oh and the kick off was delayed fifteen mins to get all in......come on 2000 plus for sure.

15 minutes ago, Chrome Dome said:

Well must have been many freebies then.

Well,I suppose the club have got the figures right.I would imagine it would be the same has Haven if they had the home fixture.???Maybe we could afford the visa for fui now with there being 1124..???

Today showed what a well coached team we are. Our shape in attack and defence was excellent and a big reason for it being such a routine win. 

Nice to have Ike back home and as we get more training time we’re only going to get better and better 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Very poor showing in the TM lounge after the match today, only 2 Haven officials had the decency to come in and  no one to give a after match speak, very unprofessional from them, talk about throwing there dummies away, take it on the chin lads, it was only a friendly you keep telling us ?

14 minutes ago, town4me said:

The internet must be down in whitehaven. A few regular forum visitors likely can't log on to comment.

I’ll have a go ... was a meaningless friendly , we’ve lots of stars to come in but that was towns top side , we’ve only started training , town fans celebrating like they’ve won the league , wait till we get going , everything will be fine , small pitch , charlton still imprinting his tactical genius , the kick off delay disrupted us , team of locals will give everything ...

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

I’ll have a go ... was a meaningless friendly , we’ve lots of stars to come in but that was towns top side , we’ve only started training , town fans celebrating like they’ve won the league , wait till we get going , everything will be fine , small pitch , charlton still imprinting his tactical genius , the kick off delay disrupted us , team of locals will give everything ...

All will be fine soon marra, Haven hold Fozzys registration so will turn out for Dopelands finest very soon, then watch them go ?

7 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Well done Town you deserved to win the friendly. I’m sure Geordie Townie will be counting the crowd on his photographs as we speak. Plenty of work for Haven to do on that performance. At least your wingers saw some ball. 

Mellors try was quality no doubt about it being a try although loads round me where whingeing about it

1 hour ago, Hate the rec said:

1124 pal. 

Was about right, decent for a pre season

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

16 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

Well done Town you deserved to win the friendly. I’m sure Geordie Townie will be counting the crowd on his photographs as we speak. Plenty of work for Haven to do on that performance. At least your wingers saw some ball. 

Dave Thompson was the Big positive for you guys he was excellent a real handful throughout 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

44 minutes ago, DavidM said:

You missed 2 mediocre teams on show! Think forber was outstanding today he looked really sharp and my mom..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Dave you are bang on lol. They are laughing at town fans  celebrations at the end.  Just a friendly  and still players to come in yet. Town at full strength  and they're not worried at all. ?

2 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

Very poor showing in the TM lounge after the match today, only 2 Haven officials had the decency to come in and  no one to give a after match speak, very unprofessional from them, talk about throwing there dummies away, take it on the chin lads, it was only a friendly you keep telling us ?

Missed a chance have a  singer in the council bar! Never mind good day all round !

Good all round display . Kicking game best i`ve seen first half and last 20 , but first 20 2nd half through poor kicks and poor discipline gifted Haven too much ball . Carl Forber outstanding today and Fieldhouse slotted in very well .Players that spent a lot of last season injured looked very sharp and back on form .Looking forward to seeing a few of the lads who have been training with us next week against Huddersfield .......for Haven , Dion was a handful as always , Callum trying too hard , but thought Sam Forrester had a decent game .Whether those tries were forward or not , most would have been given in Super League .Nice to see the popular side tidied up and painted by our band of volunteers , well done .Only gripe couldn`t hardly hear popular side announcements , but anyway on to next week .UTT.

15 hours ago, Onreport said:

Absolutely, apart from 1 poor pass and poor kick he was excellent, worth persevering with in that structure, he will only get better with experience in the role

He's actually got plenty of experience in the role. Not got the off the mark pace of Penky but his strength makes him a real handful. Rather him in that role than Newton (or remember Howarth) imo.

Looks like we're carrying on from where we left off last season. Maybe just need to tighten up our discipline, (too easy to blame Hewer) other teams might be able to take more advantage of the possession we gift on occasion.

More than happy with our replacement FB 

27 minutes ago, DocH said:

He's actually got plenty of experience in the role. Not got the off the mark pace of Penky but his strength makes him a real handful. Rather him in that role than Newton (or remember Howarth) imo.

Looks like we're carrying on from where we left off last season. Maybe just need to tighten up our discipline, (too easy to blame Hewer) other teams might be able to take more advantage of the possession we gift on occasion.

More than happy with our replacement FB 

Think it was a bit of both, some of the pens were justified but some of the holding down pens were not consistently applied to both teams. We were at the point in the second half where we were guessing when he was going to blow when Haven were struggling to get out in their own half. He's usually a good ref but had a stinker yesterday, even had his back turned at one point when an infringement was happening and missed 2 clear knock ons. But the TJ's should be helping him out too. Discipline wasn't great either and we did gift them far too much field position yet still won at a canter so plenty more to come.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived