Season ticket sales

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Warrington announced sales were 8%up in November. 

Do the NRL clubs still announce numbers of memberships sold? I wonder if this should be an SL thing too to create a bit of buzz around sales.

I have looked for an update but nothing announced, noticed that junior tickets have been pushed recently. High profile stars are a big pull even the mention of Widdop seemed to excite lapsed fans.

4 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Huddersfield will be in trouble financially, if their sales haven’t significantly increased, after selling full price adult season tickets, that worked out at just over £9 a game. 

I contacted the club directly and managed to push it up to a tenner. :ninja:

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

Do the NRL clubs still announce numbers of memberships sold? I wonder if this should be an SL thing too to create a bit of buzz around sales.

Yeah they do. Makes it a bit of a competition between clubs. 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Huddersfield will be in trouble financially, if their sales haven’t significantly increased, after selling full price adult season tickets, that worked out at just over £9 a game. 

Trollololloll

6 hours ago, Dave T said:

YES!  I've always said, this should be mandatory!  As you say, can really create a buzz and build momentum for a team.

Here are the 2019 figures so far for NRL, last update was just two days ago...

image.png.4a5bb061bb2bd202066a1bdd39e05d0d.png

NRL membership's might look good compared to Super League season tickets. However, they're light years behind the AFL. Richmond are once again on course to reaching last years record breaking number of 100,726. Another 10 clubs recorded more than 50,000 members. Gold Coasts 12,108 tally was the only one below 24,000.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

The clubs that don’t mention how their ST Sales are going means they haven’t improved much on last year or even worse. Saints have been quite, i don’t know if Wigan have said anything either. It’ll be interesting to see how Catalans & Salford have gone with selling ST’s. As for attendances at matches it does seem harder to get them. Even on the super league site can’t be arsed to put the attendances down from the 3 leagues. 

2 hours ago, langpark said:

YES!  I've always said, this should be mandatory!  As you say, can really create a buzz and build momentum for a team.

With totals added plus some explantation of the columns, assuming the 2 missing clubs are similar to last year it shows a good healthy growth year on year:

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567-2019-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

I find the whole attitude from the game towards crowds now a bit odd. I know there is always a risk of the game being overly obsessed with crowds, but I think we are probably already there!

I recall when Wire moved into the new ground we used to get daily updates on ticket sales in the lead up to big games, creating a bit of a buzz and a sense of urgency around buying tickets. Also for things like cup semis or finals you would get the same. Now it is just silent and you get the generic ads/articles saying 'come and get your tickets'!

8 hours ago, langpark said:

Great figures. Its a pity that many of those clubs cant actually get attendances anywhere near those membership figures.

The thing about 'membership' as opposed to 'season ticket holders'  is there are many different packages on offer, some of which, do not include a season ticket, or might only include 4 matches or something.  There is the membership for long distance fans, and there is membership to the leagues club, where people go for lunch, a drink, and to play poker machines etc.  Their membership often won't include the season ticket.  So if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say you would need to subtract about 20-25% off these figures to find out the true 'season ticket holder' figures.

I see no reason why any club in Aus should have less than 10k season ticket holders in any given season.

3 hours ago, Omott91 said:

I'm a Knights member and have been for several years. It would be interesting to know of the people who visit this forum, who are members (season ticket holders) of their  supported clubs and which clubs they are?

Me and my son are at London Skolars - probably represent 10% of all ST sales between us (!)

There are so many discounts during the season for individual matches and like everyone I miss games that financially it doesn't make much sense but its more about supporting the club. This is also the reason we drink copious amounts of beer on match day.

8 hours ago, Mister Ting said:

NRL membership's might look good compared to Super League season tickets. However, they're light years behind the AFL. Richmond are once again on course to reaching last years record breaking number of 100,726. Another 10 clubs recorded more than 50,000 members. Gold Coasts 12,108 tally was the only one below 24,000.

You are on the wrong Forum mate, no one gives at Rats Ass about AFL and their fans here.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

22 minutes ago, Allora said:

You are on the wrong Forum mate, no one gives at Rats Ass about AFL and their fans here.

well I found the stat interesting comparison... sorry to disappoint 

oh to add... overall I don't give a "rats ass" about the NRL... but I don't mind the input and interest.

My membership, as is with all nrl club memberships I believe, allocates a certain number of games you can attend. Mine is for 6 games, of which I went to 5 of those 6 games. I also get the usual hat, stickers, lanyards. Do you receive the same kind of gear over there?

Archived