new stadium - todays press

miaow

2 hours ago, Route66 said:

Not sure what you have done to upset the seaton councillor but he's using a screenshot of this post from January on his Facebook to have another bash at the new stadium 

Its took him all this time to come up with a reply probably in works time was it.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, unicorn106 said:

Yeh I've seen it, the guy is deluded saying he represents the many not the few. Pinching quotes from Corbyn but I can see they are very much alike....both Bell ***s. He's very vocal about it on his keyboard but didn't have the balls to turn up at the sports centre to have his say.

Why would it take ‘balls’ to attend a planning consultation? Because I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you that that’s all it was. To tick a box in the planning process.

Design and functionality will be dealt with though the planning process, of which I’m a part. My current objections aren’t related to planning, they’re about the economics of it - which so far have been proven not to stack up.

Publish a business plan, prove that it guarantees a sustainable future for both clubs, guarantee that it has no impact on the revenue budget (and therefore council tax) for it’s lifetime, and don’t rush the decisions - then I’ll be it’s biggest proponent.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:53 PM, Nero said:

They the ones with twin rotors?

They certainly have big rotors Ron,but not has big has the ones you are refering to.They are one the most hardest fighting fish i have ever caught,but i would be adverse to strike into a heli chinook.???

35 minutes ago, Mark Jenkinson said:

Why would it take ‘balls’ to attend a planning consultation? Because I’m sure you don’t need me to tell you that that’s all it was. To tick a box in the planning process.

Design and functionality will be dealt with though the planning process, of which I’m a part. My current objections aren’t related to planning, they’re about the economics of it - which so far have been proven not to stack up.

Publish a business plan, prove that it guarantees a sustainable future for both clubs, guarantee that it has no impact on the revenue budget (and therefore council tax) for it’s lifetime, and don’t rush the decisions - then I’ll be it’s biggest proponent.

No you wont and you know it, you have an agenda here and its nithing to do with revenue budget you are starting to sound like some of those bleating MP remainers who are on some personal crusade but say they are doing it for the sake of their constituents. 

22 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

No you wont and you know it, you have an agenda here and its nithing to do with revenue budget you are starting to sound like some of those bleating MP remainers who are on some personal crusade but say they are doing it for the sake of their constituents. 

Which planet do you inhabit? There is absolutely no doubt that new facilities are required. Why would I be against something that the clubs could afford and taxpayers didn’t have to pay or carry liability for? What’s my agenda?

22 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Which planet do you inhabit? There is absolutely no doubt that new facilities are required. Why would I be against something that the clubs could afford and taxpayers didn’t have to pay or carry liability for? What’s my agenda?

35 minutes ago, Mark Jenkinson said:

I'm sorry Mark but talks between the 2 clubs about a new stadium have been ongoing for 2 years now can you honestly say that you have given any positive input regarding design or funding in that time,you are beginning to set yourself up as a single issue politician. The stadium and regeneration of that area has the potential to benefit the whole of west cumbria at least I might see something for the £1700 a year I've been paying in council tax

6 hours ago, Mark Jenkinson said:

Planet earth, not planet Greggs like some.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

I'm not sure how this RL world cup plan b thing is a story, of course they will have call back stadia,  and not just for our plan.

Times & Star and News & Star should be ashamed of the negativity they print regarding the stadium. Their Editor spends too much time reading Mark Jenkinsons Face book posts along with his other half dozen acolytes.

As a local councillor do you not think should be working towards helping this project as it will be a massif boost to the area, this is a problem with the different parties,  always wanting to score points against each other but never looking to work together for the good of the area.

1 hour ago, unicorn106 said:

Times & Star and News & Star should be ashamed of the negativity they print regarding the stadium. Their Editor spends too much time reading Mark Jenkinsons Face book posts along with his other half dozen acolytes.

the reporter is a big mate of jenkinson and shares the same right wing views

3 hours ago, JMB said:

As a local councillor do you not think should be working towards helping this project as it will be a massif boost to the area, this is a problem with the different parties,  always wanting to score points against each other but never looking to work together for the good of the area.

Agree marra, party politics solves nothing...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Been closely studying all the pros and cons re the stadium finances and have a question. If as has been stated the finances are based on Town averaging 7600 spectators within the next 6 years, and keeping that attendance, what would position and responsibility for Town be, if say attendances only doubled to 1600?  Going on shortfall of 600 fans times say 15 home matches times average of £15 for ticket then you have a shortfall of £1.35 million per season. Would that shortfall fall on Town to cover or the Reds or the tax payers of Allerdale? 

foggieraider13.gif

12 hours ago, foggieraider13 said:

Been closely studying all the pros and cons re the stadium finances and have a question. If as has been stated the finances are based on Town averaging 7600 spectators within the next 6 years, and keeping that attendance, what would position and responsibility for Town be, if say attendances only doubled to 1600?  Going on shortfall of 600 fans times say 15 home matches times average of £15 for ticket then you have a shortfall of £1.35 million per season. Would that shortfall fall on Town to cover or the Reds or the tax payers of Allerdale? 

Ridiculous figure, whoever come up with those estimated attendances needs their heads looked at. 7600 is double some of attendances of some SL clubs and up there with the more successful teams in the country. I doubt this project is based on those figures but since when does a facility built for the rate paying public have to break even ? Every new project for the community comes with a cost doesn't it ? Thanks for joining The forum to share your thoughts with us, you obviously don't give a damn about Town,  Reds or the sporting future of Allerdale.

Workmen been on the new site checking the footings and the foundations,There has been a lot of activity of late with the bulldozers andJCBs making pathways onto the site.With the elections coming soon i still cannot envisage the council not going ahead with proceedings,There has been a call for 12 new independant candidates to naturally disrupt the Labour council in its building of the new stadium,but I can understand that the council needs to get things up and running smoothly with its finances and everything by the book, but when you get some independant councillors just intent on having a hate campaign for certain members, that is not what i would call politics.

3 hours ago, troutmaster said:

Workmen been on the new site checking the footings and the foundations,There has been a lot of activity of late with the bulldozers andJCBs making pathways onto the site.With the elections coming soon i still cannot envisage the council not going ahead with proceedings,There has been a call for 12 new independant candidates to naturally disrupt the Labour council in its building of the new stadium,but I can understand that the council needs to get things up and running smoothly with its finances and everything by the book, but when you get some independant councillors just intent on having a hate campaign for certain members, that is not what i would call politics.

Think the "independent councillors" should have a walk round Whitehaven to actually see how good of a job allerdale have done, its a town to be proud of and will only be enhanced with a new stadium.

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

The problem we seem to have is that it’s being used to fuel people’s political agendas. It’s all about trying to prove labour aren’t fit to run the borough for their own gains rather than anything else.

The general public don’t seem too concerned it’s only lunatic councillors in the main that are kicking up a fuss and writing stupid columns in the local paper.

Townstrip 13 - No I am not a Haven fan.

Unicorn 106 - I do give, as you put it, a dam about Town, Reds and the sporting future of Allerdale. I have enjoyed spectating at both venues and will also watch sporting events at the new stadium if it is built. I also want any decision to be made on figures that Joe Public are given freely by those planning the new facility before a FINAL decision is made, and the potential affect this may have on Council taxpayers.  Is this wrong, or should large sums of money be borrowed with little scrutiny or with large pieces of information withheld? 

All I am asking is for someone to spell out, without redacting large pieces of information how the finances can stack up? From what has been "allowed" to be shown the figures of 7500 and 2600 are what it appears finances based on. My figures above remain (allowing for a small reduction from 7600 to 7500 for Town's attendances). In addition hospitality spend is based on 50% of the 7600 and 2500 crowd spending on average £8 a head. This means over £606,000 per annum between the 2 clubs. Again what are the figures for the 2 clubs just now?

If these fanciful figures are not achieved will the shortfall have to be made up by the shareholders/members of Town and Reds in the 1st instance? If the 2 clubs cannot make up the shortfall what will happen to them and their leases? If the 2 clubs cannot make up the shortfall and the council taxpayer has to stump up, what affect will this have on the Allerdale tax payers annual bill? £10 per person, £50 person, £100 per person? 

I do not think the above are questions that are disrespectful to Town, Reds or anyone who will use the facility, but valid points and questions that need to be answered.

foggieraider13.gif

1 hour ago, foggieraider13 said:

Unicorn 106 - I do give, as you put it, a dam about Town, Reds and the sporting future of Allerdale. I have enjoyed spectating at both venues and will also watch sporting events at the new stadium if it is built. I also want any decision to be made on figures that Joe Public are given freely by those planning the new facility before a FINAL decision is made, and the potential affect this may have on Council taxpayers.  Is this wrong, or should large sums of money be borrowed with little scrutiny or with large pieces of information withheld? 

All I am asking is for someone to spell out, without redacting large pieces of information how the finances can stack up? From what has been "allowed" to be shown the figures of 7500 and 2600 are what it appears finances based on. My figures above remain (allowing for a small reduction from 7600 to 7500 for Town's attendances). In addition hospitality spend is based on 50% of the 7600 and 2500 crowd spending on average £8 a head. This means over £606,000 per annum between the 2 clubs. Again what are the figures for the 2 clubs just now?

If these fanciful figures are not achieved will the shortfall have to be made up by the shareholders/members of Town and Reds in the 1st instance? If the 2 clubs cannot make up the shortfall what will happen to them and their leases? If the 2 clubs cannot make up the shortfall and the council taxpayer has to stump up, what affect will this have on the Allerdale tax payers annual bill? £10 per person, £50 person, £100 per person? 

I do not think the above are questions that are disrespectful to Town, Reds or anyone who will use the facility, but valid points and questions that need to be answered.

Sorry Mark ( you are fooling nobody ) you are just trying to score political points this is a rugby forum so just go away will you.

10 hours ago, foggieraider13 said:

There are other revenue streams anticipated are there not?  Rental incomes / event management

Archived